Air Shock

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Sounds like some good combos, thanks for sharing. I cant imagine the challenges of being in a country/place that does not have a lot of support or access to things related to our older cars. Seems your really daring to be different like the old mopar saying went.

Great AJ-s help is productive. Just dont ask if the world is flat or round.....:rolleyes:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Sounds like some good combos, thanks for sharing. I cant imagine the challenges of being in a country/place that does not have a lot of support or access to things related to our older cars. Seems your really daring to be different like the old mopar saying went.

Great AJ-s help is productive. Just dont ask if the world is flat or round.....:rolleyes:
It is a challenge, all my parts I have had to import from the USA, then wait months to get it, there has been a really really helpful guy on here I owe him lots of thanks for helping me and AJ for all his help setting up my car. As for the shape of the world it makes no difference whats going to change if its round or flat, the sun keeps coming up and I can put gas in the tank I am happy :)

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I have imported the car, 2 x 360 magnums, 1 x 8.25" rear end 3.21, LSD unit, all parts to rebuild my 360 engines, intake, eq heads even though were made in NZ, lots of miles on them before I got them lol, carbs, sway bars, shocks, etc I think I own a share in a shipping company!

No LHD cars sold here, no trucks with 360 magnum, some 318 and 360s sold here in the 1970s from Australia and odd engine turns up for sale, low compression flat tappet 2bbl engines. But we did get some RHD jeeps, 300c, crossfire, odd mustang and I think Camaro of the later models in RHD. I am not sure about Chrysler but I know in Australia there was a place converting them to RHD.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Yeah I do have a 6.1 hemi, it came to be through my friend wanted it and didn't have the cash so I bought it then he changed his mind and now I have it, I have no use for it nor do I want it! its at the machine shop, it needs a sleeve after dropping a valve seat or something before I got it! I think all its good for is a jet boat motor where worked hard! I don't particularly think they are good car motors, don't get me wrong they make HP but they eat cams, lifters and drop valve seats.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hemi V8 - I have seen various ideas why from MDS turning oil off to lifters to the center oil feed under the camshaft stopping the splash feed to the cam at low RPMs (Hence my comment good for a jet boat motor at 5000rpm) As for dropping valve seats thats got to be a Chrysler cock up there as other places been making alloy heads for years and they don't seem to suffer from it. Chrysler will know exactly what is going on and why but whether they choose to do anything about it vs the cost to do it, but thats all kept in house for us to never know or get leaked tit bits from time to time. I would say with revisions of motors they will slowly get things sorted, but its quite likely all the new engineers with new ideas didn't have the old grey hairs there to tell them it wouldn't work well. Who knows! Anyways First version of Gen 3 Hemi = Lemon, dunno about the later version people may know. The 318/360 was in productions for years, the magnum had reputation of cracking heads but it doesn't appear to have eve caused an issue, prob thousands 360 mags in the day were running with cracked heads and no one knew until the heads were pulled.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
BTW - The gen 3 hemi is coming up 20 years old now!!! Can you believe it! When did it hit the market 2002 for the 2003 models, so that makes it 2022 which ain't far away! Happy Birthday 20th to Gen 3 Hemi :)

Oldiron440

Reaction score
AJ I could have sworn this was an automotive forum not an ok I'm going to preach yet again forum.

I personally don't care what religion any one person is, I have seen yours on more than this forum many times. I don't know what you expect to gain by repeating your beliefs over and over besides a deaf ear. It's like the engine combination you spew over and over, not everyone wants the same thing. Give it a rest and find yourself a religion forum...

Last edited:
Back