any one stamping new metal for the aspen/volare'?

armataz

Reaction score
looking to replace rusted parts with new metal, but Im only finding dart/duster up to 1976

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Nope, no F/M/J repop sheetmetal.
It’s funny because forty years ago you could buy hood’s, fender’s, grills and bumpers aftermarket for the Volare/Aspen….
They were ok for quality

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
And 20 years ago you could get fenders and rocker panels but they disappeared too.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I was lucky, I bought my Volare when it was 12 years old. I replaced the front fenders with factory recalls from a wagon and was able to get new quarters and a grill from my local Dodge dealer. I was told I got the last of one side and one of eight for the other side, Chrysler was out of stock in 1988 only eight years after production ended in 1980. The quarters had a little rust around the wheel opening but were solid . I had the metal work done but I got a wild hair and ordered the quarters. If I remember correctly I paid $168.00 each for the panels and $50 for the pair of fenders.

armataz

Reaction score
I fabricated the panels I needed.
yah.. it would not be the first time I had to do that as well. I just dont have the correct tools for rolling corners and such.
sandy is high elevation, so they get a lot of snow. and snow equals rust, as it over taxes weather stripping and allows water to leak into the cars over time.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
They might have a similar shape but I would look fo a clean m body pan.

armataz

Reaction score
They might have a similar shape but I would look fo a clean m body pan.
as mentioned before around here, used are either rusty swiss cheese, or in cars not being parted out. thats why I am searching for new ones being stamped.

I'm finding it aint like the old days when you could go to just any wrecking yard and find 20 of them just sitting, being sliced up any more

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I don't think you'll find anything from other cars that'll fit if you're wanting to replace full sections.

Mr C

Reaction score
I wish there was still support for the grilles.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Here's one to make you mad, or sad. In 1989 I bought and grille assy from the dealer. Price? $120. A set of 4 wheels lip trim was under $100, fender edge trim $7 each, die cast trim on front of hood was about $30, etc. At that time you could still get most everything aside from interior upholstery or door panels new from the dealer. If a guy only would gave known..........These were all parts for my 79 Aspen. Same car now where an NOS grille, if you can find one, goes for $1500 to $2000 and I was cringing at $400 for the NOS grille I bought from. Marty in 2005. Little did I know at the time, lol.

armataz

Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier on my welcome wagon post, but you can use the 2005 single piece after market billet grill for the ford super duty trucks to make dodge/aspen grills.
this was the one I made for my 76 volare' premiere wagon.
1650488285227.png

Aspen500

Reaction score
If only Deconstructor Jim hadn't retired. He had all sorts of rust free Arizona sheet metal, along with suspension and other parts with very good prices.. He is badly mlssed!

It'll happen to us all at some point. We all age and eventually have to call it quits on some things.

Mr C

Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier on my welcome wagon post, but you can use the 2005 single piece after market billet grill for the ford super duty trucks to make dodge/aspen grills.
this was the one I made for my 76 volare' premiere wagon.
View attachment 47085
Sorry, but I don't do tubular grilles...even when they were in "style".

armataz

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't do tubular grilles...even when they were in "style".
this is not a tube grill , it is a modern billet cut and welded aluminum finned grill, that I cut down to fit the valare;s opening, but if you still dont like it thats OK.
. they are only about 300 bucks,, so I thought some might be interested in knowing they have options,

Last edited:
Back