anyone here ever been pulled over for "No seatbelt" before?

MoparDan

Reaction score
I'm done, go on with your generalizing and cop bashing and stories of how bad cops are. They should ALL be absolutely perfect like some of you.:)
Personally I can only go by what I've been though with cops and what I've seen done to others who have been homeless... NOT good to say the least...

LSM360

Reaction score
Personally I can only go by what I've been though with cops and what I've seen done to others who have been homeless... NOT good to say the least...
Just how many have you witnessed? Large sample size of Officers?

Most homeless people I've dealt with don't want shelter because they cannot consume alcohol/drugs there. A majority we deal with are because they are aggressive toward people in public places, intoxicated and causing a disturbance, and become extremely nasty when approached and all because a business or concerned person called and requested a response. I'm yet to deal with one that actually is just down on their luck, appreciative of help, and willing to accept help. Large sample size over many years.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Just how many have you witnessed? Large sample size of Officers?

Most homeless people I've dealt with don't want shelter because they cannot consume alcohol/drugs there. A majority we deal with are because they are aggressive toward people in public places, intoxicated and causing a disturbance, and become extremely nasty when approached and all because a business or concerned person called and requested a response. I'm yet to deal with one that actually is just down on their luck, appreciative of help, and willing to accept help. Large sample size over many years.
The type you describes a small amount of people, most would do ANYTHING to get off the street, but rents are unjustifiably high and the few available jobs have unjustifiably low wages... I've know many homeless people who have jobs but still can't afford housing. The ones addicted to drugs and alcohol for most of them it's an escape from the horrible reality of being homeless and everything that comes with it... I lost best friend to suicide out there, he was no drug addict, 4 years on the street he just couldn't take it anymore... I'm not trying to start an argument, it's pretty obvious we both know very different types but all are in a situation no human being should ever have to be in. I've said my peace and have no more to say on the subject

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
concerned person called
More like somebody called the cops to hassle the homeless. It's a giant waste of resources when someone calls 911 on a guy taking a nap on the sidewalk. Nobody cares to stop and say "hey man you ok?" Nope. They are driving by and they are offended by the sight of a homeless person so they call 911.

If people were really concerned then they'd go volunteer at a shelter. 911 is just easier for them to sooth their troubled conscience

Edit: I'm not talking about San Francisco. That place is a dump.

MoparDan

Reaction score
More like somebody called the cops to hassle the homeless. It's a giant waste of resources when someone calls 911 on a guy taking a nap on the sidewalk. Nobody cares to stop and say "hey man you ok?" Nope. They are driving by and they are offended by the sight of a homeless person so they call 911.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
swerving back to the original topic... and if my memory is accurate (which after today its a wonder I remember anything)

I've been pulled over for :
1. No plate on the trailer I was hauling, no idea where I lost it. I did have all the hay bales though.
2. Burned out light on my truck plates in the rear ... this spring.
3. burned out low beam light in front (truck) .... (more than once -- chevy's front lights suck)
4. Not pulling far enough off the road to change my dead tire on the gooseneck

5. Pulling over too far and crossing the white line on the shoulder to get around a car that died in the road in front
6. Driving in the rain with flickering trailer lights ... had the big shepherd dog in my front passenger seat and he tried going through my window at the officer
7. Doing 100 in a 75 mph zone - I attributed to hormones
8. Going 25 in s 60 mph zone - I attributed to blown water pump

and the only 2 that I got tickets for:
9. Speed trap going to lunch, doing 35 in a 30 mph zone
10. Stopping at stop sign, then pulling out right into the back quarter panel of a 280z who had the right of way. But in all fairness, I had just gotten off a 34 hour programming emergency to back out, recode, test, and reimplement another programmer's crappy code. I shouldn't have been driving.

and the last one

11. I pulled myself over and waited on state trooper and careflight for the dummy that had a brand new BMW motorcycle he was weaving in and out of highway traffic -- he managed to misjudge the location/speed of my BRIGHT RED TRAILER 14 foot long with a drop gate 6 foot tall. Rammed into the left side of it, did a reverse wheely (loaded all the weight on the front tire and the back end of his motorcycle was in the air), finally lost balance and skid on the road and down into the bar ditch, hitting the pipe fence at the bottom. I did not get the ticket for that one. Guy was careflighted to the hospital and they gave him the ticket after he got out of surgery. Totalled his ride which he had just gotten the week before for his 30th birthday. I welded the damage on the drop gate back myself and still have the trailer.

Don't tell my husband about the 100mph episode. It shouldn't count anyway, it was before we got married .... waaay before.

JW

armataz

Reaction score
God forbid if the Officer actually made a mistake and did not see your seatbelt. Afterall, he's not human he is a precise and perfect robot incapable of making an error and actually believing your seatbelt wasn't fastened. Maybe kudos to him for not issuing you a citation because he knew he wasn't positive after actually stopping you.

I'm done, go on with your generalizing and cop bashing and stories of how bad cops are. They should ALL be absolutely perfect like some of you.:)
I dont really see any police bashing here, police have their jobs to do, and they risk their lives every day to do it. a simple safety belt check costs more police officers their lives. then high speed pursuits.
as a police officer you dont know if your going to be met with a license and registration, or a 9MM aimed at your face.
thats the job.
I,m pretty sure, every body here said to be polite and respectful to the officer during the stop, dint they?

armataz

Reaction score
Thank you!
in regards to your thank you to AMC diplomat.
I checked on some one sleeping in the bushes at one of the apartment complexes near me. he greeted my concern with a knife.
cops will be the first to tell you, do not approach, just call the non emergency line and report it.
they could just be harmless and sleeping, they could be dead, or they could be crazy and off their meds.
I was lucky the man was groggy and slow. so I dint get hurt. but I could have just as easily have had a knife in the ribs.

armataz

Reaction score
9. Speed trap going to lunch, doing 35 in a 30 mph zone

JW
LOL. I got this one coming into a small town on a high way. speed reduction from 55 to 45, and then a reduction to 35 entering a business district through an S curve,
so you are paying attention to the road and traffic.
right smack in the middle of that S curve they put a 25 mile an hour limit and the cop was sitting right there waiting for me.
once I cleared the S into the strait away. he popped me for going 35 in a 25.
when I went in on my court date, the judge issued my fine, and dismissed the speeding charge from my license once I paid it.

Last edited:

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I checked on some one sleeping in the bushes at one of the apartment complexes near me. he greeted my concern with a knife.
cops will be the first to tell you, do not approach, just call the non emergency line and report it.
they could just be harmless and sleeping, they could be dead, or they could be crazy and off their meds.
I was lucky the man was groggy and slow. so I dint get hurt. but I could have just as easily have had a knife in the ribs.
That's the west coast. West Coast is the Worst Coast. In the snow belt, homelessness is a whole different thing. People can live outdoors all year round out west. Here they'll just drop dead from exposure

armataz

Reaction score
That's the west coast. West Coast is the Worst Coast. In the snow belt, homelessness is a whole different thing. People can live outdoors all year round out west. Here they'll just drop dead from exposure
happens here too. if the cold dont get them, the heat still might.but instead of card board boxes, they get tents and sleeping bags here.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
happens here too. if the cold dont get them, the heat still might.but instead of card board boxes, they get tents and sleeping bags here.
Ain't never seen a body in a cardboard box. Seen a few frozen solid in snow drifts though.

MoparDan

Reaction score
And while was I was on the street I was once held up at gunpoint for atleast 15 minutes by some junkie at a gas station who didn't believe we had no money...things like that happen. I'm just going to say one more thing then I'm out of this conversation for good: the truth is some people out there WANT to get arrested and WANT to go to prison, think about it in prison your guaranteed a bed to sleep in, and three meals a day, you don't get luxuries like that on the street. It's easy to loose hope out there, I really can't even continue about what goes on out there, I'm still suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from it all, 4 years later...I just pray no one here ever has to experience it

armataz

Reaction score
Ain't never seen a body in a cardboard box. Seen a few frozen solid in snow drifts though.
I see them reported on the news,I have roku, so I get news stations from local networks from all over.
also see them found in abandoned buildings.subways, coverts, and under bridges. even on the beaches.
cold, heat stroke, or just bad choices. but hey, death will find us all eventually.
we use to have a system that dealt with alot of this. they were called asylums, and poor houses.
but they were found to be in humane, to put people in places where they were forced to help each other out, fallow rules and take their meds.
so they were released out onto the streets back in the 70;s. to fend for them selves and it has just got worse over time.
after a it is a lot cheaper to let a druggie O D then force them into treatment, and let people die from exposure, than to convert condemned properties into homeless shelters.
but this has nothing to do with traffic tickets, or mopars. and we wont solve social in justice here.
so lets get back on topic.

Last edited:

MoparDan

Reaction score
I see them reported on the news,I have roku, so I get news stations from local networks from all over.
also see them found in abandoned buildings.subways, coverts, and under bridges. even on the beaches.
cold, heat stroke, or just bad choices. but hey, death will find us all eventually.
we use to have a system that dealt with alot of this. they were called asylums, and poor houses.
but they were found to be in humane, to put people in places where they were forced to fallow rules and take their meds.
so they were released out onto the streets back in the 70;s. to fend for them selves and it has just got worse over time.
after a it is a lot cheaper to let a druggie O D then force them into treatment,
What about all the disabled people who can't work that don't get enough disability money to afford a regular place, and are told they have to just fend for themselves? I'm one of them, $725. a month doesn't go very far

armataz

Reaction score
What about all the disabled people who can't work that don't get enough disability money to afford a regular place, and are told they have to just fend for themselves? I'm one of them, $725. a month doesn't go very far
like I said you would use to get free housing. you would just have to do what you could to help out kinda like a group home. but they got closed down. because it was determined to be unfair to expect that. so now, you have to volunteer to choose to live in one, and be able to pay for it.
PS: my sister gets 985 disability, and she got herself a couple roommates that she met through her case worker, with food stamps and other government assistance like section 8. they get by pretty easily.

Last edited:

LSM360

Reaction score
The type you describes a small amount of people, most would do ANYTHING to get off the street, but rents are unjustifiably high and the few available jobs have unjustifiably low wages... I've know many homeless people who have jobs but still can't afford housing. The ones addicted to drugs and alcohol for most of them it's an escape from the horrible reality of being homeless and everything that comes with it... I lost best friend to suicide out there, he was no drug addict, 4 years on the street he just couldn't take it anymore... I'm not trying to start an argument, it's pretty obvious we both know very different types but all are in a situation no human being should ever have to be in. I've said my peace and have no more to say on the subject
Sorry but you're out of touch. Again, I'm speaking of a large sample size over decades of dealing with them. Yes, there are cases of actual down on their luck. Knowing a few and working in a field in which you deal with 100's aren't quite comparable. I have no argument with you. I just know this country has so many freebies for anyone truly in need, and my vast experience has me certain of what I say. Again, yes there's some truly down on their luck. My educated guess would be approximately 5%

LSM360

Reaction score
I don't want to get too personal but you're 100% disabled? You can't supplement this with any type of employment?

I better end it here and leave this thread because I'll get myself in trouble.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Delete this thread…….let’s talk about the cars we enjoy

Back