anyone here ever been pulled over for "No seatbelt" before?

armataz

Reaction score
Someone should lock and delete this entire thread
there is nothing wrong with this thread, except it got hijacked. I suggested we get back on topic a while ago.. and I'm doing it again now, we are suppose to be talking about traffic stops in our mopars, and sharing story's and experiences,,and, maybe some sound advice. for the fast and furious.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with this thread, except it got hijacked. I suggested we get back on topic a while ago.. and I'm doing it again now, we are suppose to be talking about traffic stops in our mopars, and sharing story's and experiences,,and, maybe some sound advice. for the fast and furious.

Yet you also kept the branch off subject going after that too lol

But I agree there's nothing wrong with this thread. If someone is going to put certain feelings out there they should also be ready to take what gets dished back. Everything is still civil no need to lock it.

To stay on topic for the most part I've never met a bad cop but I have heard and seen the videos of ones that get on a power trip. Like most else it's a small number that make a lot look bad. Some people also get what they deserve when they start up with an attitude themselves when they're questioned or pulled over.

Last edited:

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
If someone is going to put certain feelings out there they should also be ready to take what gets dished back. Everything is still civil no need to lock it.
Ok then, here it goes:
I see them reported on the news,I have roku, so I get news stations from local networks from all over.
7r5fnh.jpg

armataz

Reaction score
Yet you also kept the branch off subject going after that too lol

But I agree there's nothing wrong with this thread. If someone is going to put certain feelings out there they should also be ready to take what gets dished back. Everything is still civil no need to lock it.

To stay on topic for the most part I've never met a bad cop but I have heard and seen the videos of ones that get on a power trip. Like most else it's a small number that make a lot look bad. Some people also get what they deserve when they start up with an attitude themselves when they're questioned or pulled over.
not really, I just answered a question that was asked to me, and offered a modern solution my sister found. to the problem asked about. ;-)
thats a fault of mine. when people quote me with a question/comment. I normally try to answer them.

any way back on topic,
just before I had to give up my 73 charger, I was out car shopping for it's replacement, there was a used car lot with a 71 satellite on it .
so I checked it out. it was dusk not quite sun set, when I pulled out of the parking lot into the center lane
used my right turn blinker to merge into traffic, right beside a state trooper, who slowed down and fell in be hind me.
no big deal. but wait he turned on the disco lights, better pull over.
license ,registration and insurance card. ready, I asked why he pulled me over.
he said driving with out headlights.
hmm funny, they are on. so I ask if he was sure.
he said they were out when I pulled out of the car lot.. so I got out and walked to the front, and they were out.
I got down and checked the bullb connections and they had come loose, from being hit in the front.
I plugged them back in, and the trooper still wrote me up for driving with out head lights.
when I went to court, the trooper said that I was acting suspicious and overly cautious when leaving a business after hours.
and he wanted a record incase something turned up stolen from the car lot.
judge up held the tickets fine, but dismissed it on my license.
telling me that I should not have been driving the charger, under an insurance loss.

Last edited:

armataz

Reaction score
Ok then, here it goes:

View attachment 50233
not at all. death happens, violence happens. ROKU has local news stations reporting about it ,from all over the country and around the world constantly.
but the subject of homeless people being reported to the police or dying from exposure is still not the topic of this thread.
nor is the discussion as to whether or not roku's news channel access is scary.

Last edited:

armataz

Reaction score
not really, I just answered a question that was asked to me, and offered a modern solution my sister found. to the problem asked about. ;-)
thats a fault of mine. when people quote me with a question/comment. I normally try to answer them.

any way back on topic,
just before I had to give up my 73 charger, I was out car shopping for it's replacement, there was a used car lot with a 71 satellite on it .
so I checked it out. it was dusk not quite sun set, when I pulled out of the parking lot into the center lane
used my right turn blinker to merge into traffic, right beside a state trooper, who slowed down and fell in be hind me.
no big deal. but wait he turned on the disco lights, better pull over.
license ,registration and insurance card. ready, I asked why he pulled me over.
he said driving with out headlights.
hmm funny, they are on. so I ask if he was sure.
he said they were out when I pulled out of the car lot.. so I got out and walked to the front, and they were out.
I got down and checked the bullb connections and they had come loose, from being hit in the front.
I plugged them back in, and the trooper still wrote me up for driving with out head lights.
when I went to court, the trooper said that I was acting suspicious and overly cautious when leaving a business after hours.
and he wanted a record incase something turned up stolen from the car lot.
judge up held the tickets fine, but dismissed it on my license.
telling me that I should not have been driving the charger, under an insurance loss.
PS: guess who bought the satellite I was looking at, at the car lot.
yep the trooper was eyeing it from across the street.
he was there signing the papers when I came in with my insurance check to buy it.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
PS: guess who bought the satellite I was looking at, at the car lot.
yep the trooper was eyeing it from across the street.
he was there signing the papers when I came in with my insurance check to buy it.
Wow sounds like something you'd see on TV

Ele115

Reaction score
I was pulled over in my 65 Cadillac because my parking lights didn't work. I demonstrated to these young hot shots that the parking lights come on when the switch is pulled out one click. When it is pulled all the way out, the headlights come on and the parking lights both go out. That's just how they made the cars then. I don't think these guys understood anything I said or showed them. They said "Get that fixed!". Stuff like this can happen. Remain calm and be nice to them, every day is a school day. They have an awful career, I wouldn't be in their shoes for any amount of money. People hate cops, and some want to kill them. ....But, It's an opportunity for them to learn something new too. Most have no idea how old cars are. They aren't out to get you

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
My experience in all the M-bodies I have ever known has been good.

Memory probably fails me, but I honestly can't recall a single stop, and most of the time my ride was already a bit rowdy (meaning on the sound scale of that rumpity rump tone), so I would have been a primary suspect as far as the car-crowd goes I suppose.

Police officers are people, just like you and I. Sometimes we have a good day, and sometimes we have a bad day. I will however say it is NEVER OK to convert your bad day into some else's even worse day. This is the one thing I object to regardless of who I am engaging.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
God forbid if the Officer actually made a mistake and did not see your seatbelt. Afterall, he's not human he is a precise and perfect robot incapable of making an error and actually believing your seatbelt wasn't fastened. Maybe kudos to him for not issuing you a citation because he knew he wasn't positive after actually stopping you.

I'm done, go on with your generalizing and cop bashing and stories of how bad cops are. They should ALL be absolutely perfect like some of you.:)
i said i was respectful to him. i'm just generally was curious if this was an issue with these cars. seatbelt being in a position where people can't see it. i like cops but i don't wanna be pulled over all the time either

Ele115

Reaction score
I know this may not sound nice, but I see a very low quality of officer here in Florida. I see a ton of police reports, PCA''s etc and it blows me away that they can't type a simple report that doesn't look like a first grader did it in a hurry. They used to be high quality pros, and some still are. Here in Fla, you can become a cop with just a GED and maybe a few waivers. Some northern states, they require bachelors or even higher. I guess you get what you pay for, but I cannot in all honesty consider most of these newer LEO's experts on much of anything. Especially cars. These guys are riding it out for a pension and working a ton of 208/OT to survive. A lot of them practically live in their cars. It can't be healthy.

Back