Aspen and Volare.com Update

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I have an update...I have the bronchitis crap with breathing treatments, steroids and the real good cough medicine. I have done all I can for now. Hopefully it will be 75% real soon. Even Scotty will be welcome back.

Hope you're feeling better soon. No fun having to deal with this stuff and feel sick at the same time. I'm looking forward to the site being up and running again - not that I've done a single thing to OY during the time the site has been down. I miss the "gang" from a year or so ago. Although there were lots of different personalities and opinions, it seemed pretty much respectful and definitely fun and informative. Not sure what happened with Scotty and a few others, but I hope that the word will get out when the site is up and running again. Take your time Eric... but hurry up!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better soon. No fun having to deal with this stuff and feel sick at the same time. I'm looking forward to the site being up and running again - not that I've done a single thing to OY during the time the site has been down. I miss the "gang" from a year or so ago. Although there were lots of different personalities and opinions, it seemed pretty much respectful and definitely fun and informative. Not sure what happened with Scotty and a few others, but I hope that the word will get out when the site is up and running again. Take your time Eric... but hurry up!

Any updates will definitely be posted here.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I hope its up and going soon,Hope your doing better Eric, Miss the site.

brotherGood

Reaction score
So, does that mean all archives and stuff are gone?

If so, that's too bad. But I'm sure I speak for everyone in thanking you for your continued hard work at trying to save it. Another reason I'm working on getting a notebook together, rather than bookmarks..lol

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

If so, that's too bad. But I'm sure I speak for everyone in thanking you for your continued hard work at trying to save it. Another reason I'm working on getting a notebook together, rather than bookmarks..lol

Eric was just telling me he did manage to save most of it.
But it's going to be a long haul to get it all back up and running.
He's shooting for this weekend to break ground.

Keep the drive alive Eric.
I know it's a hell of a lot of work.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score

I still have everything but for now it will start over, if I get lots of time I will start the fbodymopars site.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Miss it too, hope you get it back up and running without too many problems.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Amazing how rotten people can be if it was a deliberate attempt to wreck the site. And why bother? If somebody was upset for some reason, well take some time, cool off, then come back and work it out. That could/should be done either on posts, or IM. This type of vindictive revenge crap seems to be the (lack of) coping strategy of the current times: "Unhappy? Well, just go get 'um and get 'um good! Yah Hoo!"........ Really stupid, childish and selfish. And in this particular situation, it ruins it for so many others who really enjoy the site and camaraderie and have no idea what the heck even happened. Seems that this kind of nasty stuff is happening all over the place, more and more, whether its hacking, or road rage, or stealing... unfortunately even blowing innocent people away because of a personal grudge against this or that religion, or race, or whatever. Whatever happened to mature, personally responsible adults? We are becoming a world of "child-adults" who don't know how to think things out, reason, compromise, or even recognize that we aren't ALWAYS right. Egos so fragile that its intolerable to have someone disagree with us? Agh! It's happening in it's worst incarnation now with IS: "Believe what we believe or we will kill you." What crap. Maybe this should be required reading for all:
Angry.jpg

Angry.jpg

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
The only problem I have with the idea about a deliberate attack, wouldn't this place get some collateral damage or shockwave?
But I'm not a computer guy.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The only problem I have with the idea about a deliberate attack, wouldn't this place get some collateral damage or shockwave?
But I'm not a computer guy.

You'd have to ask Joey or Eric.
This place seems to be fairly locked down.
I had to delete a lot of spam at Aspen and Volare but none here.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
And that other sleepy M site seems only to get the odd spammer even though I see a LOT of Chinese surfing the site.

Something to due with all the features on A/V like the blog?

old yellow 78

Reaction score
What would be the possibilities for a non-deliberate hack? I don't like/know/trust computers that much, and I am sure that there are many possibilities I never even heard of, but it seemed as if it was being treated as a deliberate act since it first happened. I have periodically been going to check out the progress every so often, and went to the site a few days ago, and there was two "posts"? of sorts: one for a "sex pill" and another for some type of online currency or something - both obvious garbage, but made me nervous about even going to the site.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
What would be the possibilities for a non-deliberate hack? I don't like/know/trust computers that much, and I am sure that there are many possibilities I never even heard of, but it seemed as if it was being treated as a deliberate act since it first happened. I have periodically been going to check out the progress every so often, and went to the site a few days ago, and there was two "posts"? of sorts: one for a "sex pill" and another for some type of online currency or something - both obvious garbage, but made me nervous about even going to the site.

That's just spammers taking advantage of an open house so to speak.

The basic rule of thumb is do not download anything or open attachments. THAT'S where they hide viruses.

Back