Aspen and Volare.com Update

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Thanks. OY has been languishing in the garage since I got back from Oklahoma. Working myself to death with my job and doing a slow flip on a house on weekends. I don't have any OY news or new pics to show here, and not much interest was shown in the ones I have posted. I guess they have already been seen. Really miss A&V.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
You guys are too funny. The site is back up but locked until I can install some hacks to enhance it. Been a very long and hard road for me. I had to start it from scratch for now. I need to protect everyone and every post. I tested firefox and google chrome with no issues. I hope everyone appreciates the hard work I did. Thanks to Joey for letting me reside here, still a long ways to go.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You guys are too funny. The site is back up but locked until I can install some hacks to enhance it. Been a very long and hard road for me. I had to start it from scratch for now. I need to protect everyone and every post. I tested firefox and google chrome with no issues. I hope everyone appreciates the hard work I did. Thanks to Joey for letting me reside here, still a long ways to go.

Your hard work has always been appreciated Eric. :icon_super:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
What would be the possibilities for a non-deliberate hack? I don't like/know/trust computers that much, and I am sure that there are many possibilities I never even heard of, but it seemed as if it was being treated as a deliberate act since it first happened. I have periodically been going to check out the progress every so often, and went to the site a few days ago, and there was two "posts"? of sorts: one for a "sex pill" and another for some type of online currency or something - both obvious garbage, but made me nervous about even going to the site.

Even though the sites may be related, they are not necessarily on the same computer, or web hosting company for that matter (a web host is a company that "hosts" or where the website content is actually sent out from). If the A & V site was on a particular web hosting company locatoin, and ForFMJbodiesonly.com is either in another physical location owned by the same web hosting company, or if it is on an entirely separate web hosting company, it probably won't get affected. Most attacks target a specific site.

The web hosting company itself may have been hacked, and A & V site could have been damaged as a byproduct of the attack in the web hosting company, or on a different web site that was on the same webhosting company/server as the A & V site. Usually, if web sites are defaced, and it is intentional, the attackers will change the front page to let the world know that they hacked the site. It has happened (a lot, the Anonymous attacker group being famous for doing it, as an example) in the past, but attacking a web site is usually a "for profit" case now. The attackers are usually looking for immediate gain (credit card numbers, bank account numbers), or longer term (personal information, potential embarrassment material (i.e. the Ashley Madison data theft)).

No way to know for sure without looking at the system log files, but I would suspect that the attack that took out the A & V web site was not targeted at the A & V website, but was collateral damage. It does indicate that the web hosting company does have security issues.

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Even though the sites may be related, they are not necessarily on the same computer, or web hosting company for that matter (a web host is a company that "hosts" or where the website content is actually sent out from). If the A & V site was on a particular web hosting company locatoin, and ForFMJbodiesonly.com is either in another physical location owned by the same web hosting company, or if it is on an entirely separate web hosting company, it probably won't get affected. Most attacks target a specific site.

The web hosting company itself may have been hacked, and A & V site could have been damaged as a byproduct of the attack in the web hosting company, or on a different web site that was on the same webhosting company/server as the A & V site. Usually, if web sites are defaced, and it is intentional, the attackers will change the front page to let the world know that they hacked the site. It has happened (a lot, the Anonymous attacker group being famous for doing it, as an example) in the past, but attacking a web site is usually a "for profit" case now. The attackers are usually looking for immediate gain (credit card numbers, bank account numbers), or longer term (personal information, potential embarrassment material (i.e. the Ashley Madison data theft)).

No way to know for sure without looking at the system log files, but I would suspect that the attack that took out the A & V web site was not targeted at the A & V website, but was collateral damage. It does indicate that the web hosting company does have security issues.
The last hackers found a back door through the weaknesses of vb 4.1.3. It had security issues. Jackasses attacked to the server level. The hosting company (where the site is no longer located) would shut the site down and I would have sucuri clean it. 4 times in 6 months terminated the site on hosemonster. I started fresh and new with vb 4.2.3 and sucuri's cloud proxy firewall around the site. No hackers, Bots or such should get through.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
The last hackers found a back door through the weaknesses of vb 4.1.3. It had security issues. Jackasses attacked to the server level. The hosting company (where the site is no longer located) would shut the site down and I would have sucuri clean it. 4 times in 6 months terminated the site on hosemonster. I started fresh and new with vb 4.2.3 and sucuri's cloud proxy firewall around the site. No hackers, Bots or such should get through.
I don't understand any of it, but I really do appreciate your dedication to getting the site up and running again. Am I right that it sounds like the hackers attacked the server (?) and not the site itself? If so, that would be nice to know that it was not somebody with some axe to grind towards the site specifically. Still stupid and childish regardless. Don't people have anything better to do than cause trouble?

slant6billy

Reaction score
What's odd is if I try to access A&V using internet explorer I get sucuri's cloud proxy firewall warning telling me I don't have permissions while I'm logged in. I'm simply clicking to page 2 of a 2 page post.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
What's odd is if I try to access A&V using internet explorer I get sucuri's cloud proxy firewall warning telling me I don't have permissions while I'm logged in. I'm simply clicking to page 2 of a 2 page post.

That was happening to me too on mobile.
It seems to be fixed now.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
this is all ive got for the last 3 days ,,i guess my ip is blocked or something ? weird cause even when i was banned i could surf the site ??now im not banned and cant even connect to the site
The server at www.aspenandvolare.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
this is all ive got for the last 3 days ,,i guess my ip is blocked or something ? weird cause even when i was banned i could surf the site ??now im not banned and cant even connect to the site
The server at www.aspenandvolare.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

That sounds like your internet connection.
I've had no problems getting on there.

Back