Boneyard alternative front suspensions

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a similar plan.

A big block will be going into my 5th Ave. I have a spare ’84 K-frame and will be getting it welded up and reinforced. Powder coated and looking nice. Rebuild the suspension making the arms and such look nice as well.

I would like to get the Borgeson box – but don’t think I need it. I have a FFI built box that I "think" will suit my needs – but can always change it out needed.

Bolt my big block and 727 to my K-frame using a special built dolly for it.

Unbolt the existing K-frame from car, with 318 and 904 still attached – using another K-frame dolly for it.

Jack up front of car, wheel one K-frame/engine assembly out from under car, wheel in new unit. Drop body down onto new K-frame (with brackets and accessories attached), with solid K-frame mounts, attach the UCA brackets and arms. Bolt everything back in place and take to alignment shop (or muffler shop first) – testing the big block out in the process.

It will not be a weekend job, and still have a ways before I can get everything ready for that “open hood” surgery.

Once that car is done, and IF I still plan on putting a big block in my wagon, I will do the same exact operation starting with getting the 5th Ave K-frame welded and reinforced, powder coated, and so forth. The wagon will have its 904 replaced with a 5 (or 6) speed manual transmission - so floor pan will need to get modified as well.

I have a plan and have most (not all) of the parts. I just need to get it done.
BudW

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
When I was younger, I had no clue how fast my time was running out. I did a lot of things just to prove it could be done. I had the skills, and I had the time. Then one day I turned 50, and saw the sand running out, and started putting my time to better use. And then I turned 60, and was glad of that cuz that decade motored by pretty quick. But something else happened about that time; I lost interest in doing a lotta things.
Now I am a healthy strong old man almost 64 and the last 4 years have positively screamed by. I stopped trying to prove stuff in 1994. I realized I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I'm ok with that. I make a reasonable living, I'm always employed, and I have fabulous good health, Thanks be to God Almighty, but time is flying on by. Soon I will not care about a lot of things. I may get really stupid before they bury me, or my body may rot before I die. So I come here and share what I have learned, before I forget it all. And I find the company here pretty fine.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I can relate.
A few months away from 51, and have 10 year old twins!

With soccer practice, church and so forth, time flys by.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Got you beat. I'll be 62 this year with a 12 and an 8 year old. Life is funny. Finding time to work on my car is tough, but, sometimes I get the chance.

Back