CL ads that make you almost laugh

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
00Y0Y_hOKGTP78ghi_600x450.jpg

Now if I was going to rethink and build the 2-door wagon that I always wanted I'd rather trash this out further. But still not $1200.00 worth.

Aspen500

Reaction score
View attachment 32164

Now if I was going to rethink and build the 2-door wagon that I always wanted I'd rather trash this out further. But still not $1200.00 worth.

I've always had the same thought, to build a wagon from a 2 door coupe. It'd be quite the project but it could be done. Chances of me ever actually doing it are less than slim to none though. I think it'd be cool to build a "ute" from a coupe also. It'd take an Aspen coupe of course, but also a '78 and up El Camino for the bed floor and sides, the "cab" back/window, as well as bed rail trim. The dimensions of the two vehicles are extremely close and it would work. That'll never happen either but, a guy can dream.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I like how this conversation just doesn't seem to go away.

Aspen500

Reaction score
This could be a great parts car for a 2 door wagon or sedan delivery.
But you still need a rust free wagon.
There's one of the main problems with building a 2 door wagon. I don't think I could bring myself to cut up rust free, or almost rust free cars. It's like when I hear where somebody cut up a totally rust free 30,000 mile plain jane car to repair a rotted out hi-perf car. They say "it was JUST a 6 cyl car" or something like that. Things like that bother me for some reason. Same as taking a rust free original (for example) 340 'Cuda and cutting it up to build a pro-street car, or whatever it's called these days. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
There's one of the main problems with building a 2 door wagon. I don't think I could bring myself to cut up rust free, or almost rust free cars. It's like when I hear where somebody cut up a totally rust free 30,000 mile plain jane car to repair a rotted out hi-perf car. They say "it was JUST a 6 cyl car" or something like that. Things like that bother me for some reason. Same as taking a rust free original (for example) 340 'Cuda and cutting it up to build a pro-street car, or whatever it's called these days. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I know what you mean. I sold a 68 coronet that I posted on hear a few years ago, turns out the guy cut it up to restore his hemi car.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I sold a 68 coronet that I posted on hear a few years ago, turns out the guy cut it up to restore his hemi car.
Please don't take this as me being a smartalec , but if you put a stethoscope on it do you think you could still hear the Coronet's heat beating ? Frankly ! I think if our beloved cars did have a heart the rate's would prolly scare all of us.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I thought I would quote this ad before it disappears so others can see it. It is very creative! ;)

"Farm livin' is the life for me. I'm old (1999) but I ain't dead yet. I've worked the farm my entire life and I prefer to stay on one. I ain't as good looking as I once was but I still run. I've got a few miles on me (192,789), probably a few more left. I was under employed this year and rather then corral me in the warehouse (again, heavy sigh) I'm looking for a new place to rest my fenders. I'm a Dodge Dakota 4 wheel drive, with a club cab and a V-8. If you don't want to end up saying, "I could have had a V-8" come take a look at me. show contact info
. $1500"

Aspen500

Reaction score
Unless that Charger has an "R" or "V" as the 5th digit in the VIN (and even if it did), that guy is on crack, JMO. Bent beyond any reasonable repair, not to mention the extensive rot and 3/4 of the car is missing, well.............................MAYBE $550 but certainly not $5,500.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Even though it's being sold cheap, you'd think they could at least spend a few minutes with a shop vac and clean the mold and mildew off the upholstery and THEN take photos. Half hour of work would make all the difference in the world.
1982 Dodge Rampage
00K0K_79sIgd5Zknp_600x450.jpg

00f0f_5rndZrexIZZ_600x450.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've got to admit that for a $750 car I'm not going to work on it much to sell.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, I don't mean do a complete detail but they still could at least vacuum the carpet and wipe the mildew off. Cheap or not, if it's clean you'll have a lot better chance of getting more people interested.
What always kills me is when you see ads for 3 year old vehicles and they want $20K and the thing is filthy, the interior looks like a rolling dumpster and you can just imagine what it reeks like inside. Then they'll add in the text "well maintained". Oh SURE it is! Maybe it's from 30+ years of being an auto tech but generally, filthy vehicles that look like the last time they had a vacuum taken to the floor was the day it was delivered brand new and there's gravel, sand, a bunch of mail, fast food wrappers, moldy fries under the seats, a bunch of crap in the back seat and floor, etc, are mechanical POS's also and half the stuff is either broken or doesn't work. No pride in the appearance most times means no pride in any of the rest either. To be honest, i don't know how people can stand to drive crap like that. Rant over now, thank you.

Back