Cleaned out my garage to make room for another car

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
No re-pops for these cars. So NOS is the way to go.

Alot of parts on my car are NOS. The only thing I bought re-popped is the front spoiler that is still in my bedroom and the hood insulation that I sold to Ross.

Two more pieces to the puzzle showed up tonight. I can tell you that the manufacturer didn't care about the silver paint overspray. A couple of rub marks where they rubbed in the box but they are 100% genuine.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I got my 1" sway bar from BillAz today. After a half day a work I drove up to Kingwood and met him to pick it up. We talked for a while and then I got back home and snapped a couple of pictures. I still need the two 4014708 and 4024709 brackets that bolt to the frame.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Erics5th

Reaction score
Eric, I have the brackets that go around the bar bushings if thats what you mean. I didn't use them when I went to poly bushings. If you mean the brackets that mount to the frame, I don't have those.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Eric, I have the brackets that go around the bar bushings if thats what you mean. I didn't use them when I went to poly bushings. If you mean the brackets that mount to the frame, I don't have those.
No I don't need the one that goes around the sway bar with the bushing because I will have to order a 1" poly bushing since this bar is one inch.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Got ya, did the same. Those frame brackets should not be to hard to fab up, it your not worried about stock appearance.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
My greaseable rear sway bar bushings came in today. I climbed underneath the car and found out the brackets will work if I use a washer on each side to shim them or I can through bolt them.

IMG_0577.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Baby steps

Motor is still new and the rpm's rise when it comes up to running temp so I know that it is still tight, I probably have 50 miles on this motor. I run about 195-200 degrees and before I step up to a larger radiator I want to try some simple things. (I got the factory used one this week in the junkyard travels). I had a spacer already and the fan sits half way out of the shroud so for no money I am going to move it forward some more. Remember I upped the CR and performance a little tad and that small radiator is in question. The one I picked up is a one row with 1 inch tubes out of an A/C car. Better than my smaller one with two rows of 3/8" tubes. I have it getting rodded out and pressure tested.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Can't tell from photo, but that looks about right Brem. The fan/shroud combo will pull the most air if the fan is appx half in and half out of shroud. If its shoved way in it turns the airflow into turbulence, to far out and it cant pull enough of a "vacuum" to get air to flow either..

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I should try to take a better pic the before picture shows that the fan is barely in the shroud and now its at least halfway in. I believe this car originally came with a spacer and flex fan. I know the previous owner installed the fan and fan clutch.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
I'll bet having no A/C in the summer is a treat, especially around here! :tard:

Oh yes it is... and the darker the car the better :icon_biggrin:. Last summer was torture, 100+ temps days on end and not a drop of moisture to boot.. We ended up being almost 16" behind on rainfall for the year. (avg is in the mid 20's i believe), so our drinking reservoir (Lake Meredith) had fell to an all time low, and could not be used for water any longer, it is still @ all time lows right around 30' or so. Back in the day its normal level was in the 80' range.... And BTW we are only 120 miles apart..Amarillo, Lubbock.

Erics5th

Reaction score
I know, we are on water restrictions here. I have to clean the 5th with a water bottle and a microfiber rag! That and a California duster goes a long way. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and put a new compressor on. Luckily, my step son's wifes step dad (follow that? :) ) has a set up to evacuate the system and can recharge it for me..no cost! Gotta love that.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I have been tinkering around behind the sceen.

Well moving the fan forward had little to no effect on the cooling so I decided to go farther. I bought a small sheet of 1/8" aluminum plate and took several measurements then went back to the place I bought it for them to cut it. Last night I marked it and drilled the holes. Remember I already had an aftermarket with 26" radiator and a NOS fan shroud. Well I decided it was time to use them. It's still rough looking but it's mounted and I put the fan on and everything clears.
I will tear it apart and do some triming and rounding on the plates. Then paint and re-install. The bottom hose works and the top will have to be replaced with an A/C upper hose.

The cooling core on the old was 18" x 18" which equals 324 square inches of cooling area.
The cooling core on the new is 18" x 25" which equals 450 square inches of cooling area.

IMG_0622840x6302.jpg

IMG_0623840x630.jpg

IMG_0624840x630.jpg

1976RR

Reaction score
Eric why are you playing with cooling system ? Does it get to hot ?
Cannot go wrong with a 3 core MODINE type ......

Back