Reaction score
81CordobaConvertible2.jpg

81CordobaConvertible3.jpg

81CordobaConvertible5.jpg

MiradaConvertible2.jpg

MiradaConvertible1.jpg

Wylde1

Reaction score
Were they aftermarket chop jobs? I don't think the factory made those. Correct me if I'm wrong. How's the shake, rattle and roll with those things? They do look good though.

Wylde1.

CMX360

Reaction score
I think the convertibles were done by the same guys that did the t-top cars. American Sunroof. Needless to say they are very rare. There is also a few Imperial convertibles out there as well. Too bad Chrysler didn't have the cash to do it themselves. The quality was not that great as you can see with the tops not laying as flat as they should when they are down.

D Dodge

Reaction score
That was during the big convertible craze of the early 1980's. Just like the Dakota convertible conversions.

WildCat

Reaction score
Shadeland Dodge in Indy had a Blue one with white top and interior.

I loved that car, but only seen it in the showroom.

Very cool cars

The T Top in my 77 Aspen was converted at Cars & Concept in Michigan

johnnyride

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know how many were made.

Hi guys, I'm new and the owner of the Baron Red Vert. Reports say about 200 Miradas/Dobas and Imperials were made by Global Coach/Innsbrook Manufacturing and Marketing (better known for Caddy Verts) of Florida. They were made in 1980 and 1981. The cars have been stiffened and ride quality is no less stiff then the cars that came from the factory converters later in the 80's. The top actual lays relatively low and looks good with the boot cover on. It's a great car and I'm glad I own it. I also know Steve who owns the white Mirada with the 300 wheels. There are more pics on my Flickr site.

1981 Global Coach Brochure - Cover.jpg

1981 Global Coach Brochure - Inside Cover.jpg

1981 Global Coach Brochure - Inside Rear Cover.jpg

1981 Global Coach Brochure - Rear Cover.jpg

D Dodge

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new and the owner of the Baron Red Vert. Reports say about 200 Miradas/Dobas and Imperials were made by Global Coach/Innsbrook Manufacturing and Marketing (better known for Caddy Verts) of Florida. They were made in 1980 and 1981. The cars have been stiffened and ride quality is no less stiff then the cars that came from the factory converters later in the 80's. The top actual lays relatively low and looks good with the boot cover on. It's a great car and I'm glad I own it. I also know Steve who owns the white Mirada with the 300 wheels. There are more pics on my Flickr site.
Thanks for the information.

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and pics. Those are pretty neat cars. I've only seen one once years ago in a Mopar mag. Lets see some more!!

crayzcuda

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do, I've got Mopar mags dated back to the 80's so I'll have some digging to do.

johnnyride

Reaction score
And let's play taps on this one. I just bought this as a parts car. The last owner drove it to the yard and dropped it off for scrap. As you can see, picked clean. I've arranged shipping and should have it by the end of the month. Boy, will this be tough to move around!

Mirada - RIP.jpg

CMX360

Reaction score
And let's play taps on this one. I just bought this as a parts car. The last owner drove it to the yard and dropped it off for scrap. As you can see, picked clean. I've arranged shipping and should have it by the end of the month. Boy, will this be tough to move around!

Why the hell do people do that? The guy couldn't be bothered to put an ad in a mopar mag or something? Two or three years ago I bought some parts for my t-top car from a junkie that had a very clean all original baron red with baron red interior Mirada with no title. The car looked pretty damn good. It had a tuff wheel, ten spokes, power options, all the goodies but the god damn SOB would not sell the whole car. He said he didn't like mopars and he was only looking to make a few bucks off it before he crushed it. The asshole crushed it a few weeks earlier than he said he would and I missed out on more parts that I wanted. people suck.

Back