Convertible J's

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Why the hell do people do that? The guy couldn't be bothered to put an ad in a mopar mag or something? Two or three years ago I bought some parts for my t-top car from a junkie that had a very clean all original baron red with baron red interior Mirada with no title. The car looked pretty damn good. It had a tuff wheel, ten spokes, power options, all the goodies but the god damn SOB would not sell the whole car. He said he didn't like mopars and he was only looking to make a few bucks off it before he crushed it. The asshole crushed it a few weeks earlier than he said he would and I missed out on more parts that I wanted. people suck.
Calm down buddy...you should have nuked him..:boxing:

johnnyride

Reaction score
why the hell do people do that? The guy couldn't be bothered to put an ad in a mopar mag or something? Two or three years ago i bought some parts for my t-top car from a junkie that had a very clean all original baron red with baron red interior mirada with no title. The car looked pretty damn good. It had a tuff wheel, ten spokes, power options, all the goodies but the god damn sob would not sell the whole car. He said he didn't like mopars and he was only looking to make a few bucks off it before he crushed it. The asshole crushed it a few weeks earlier than he said he would and i missed out on more parts that i wanted. People suck.

amen to that!

old tired rebel

Reaction score
And let's play taps on this one. I just bought this as a parts car. The last owner drove it to the yard and dropped it off for scrap. As you can see, picked clean. I've arranged shipping and should have it by the end of the month. Boy, will this be tough to move around!

Are you going to save it?

Wylde1

Reaction score

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssssss!

Put your hands on that corpse and raise it from the dead!!!! Rise up from the ashes and breeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaathe new life into it. :icon_pray:
Can I get an AMEN? :glasses6:

The Rev. Wylde1. :icon_pray::toothy9:

old tired rebel

Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssssss!

Put your hands on that corpse and raise it from the dead!!!! Rise up from the ashes and breeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaathe new life into it. :icon_pray:
Can I get an AMEN? :glasses6:

The Rev. Wylde1. :icon_pray::toothy9:

Dude you are twisted. No wonder I like you. :laughing7:

johnnyride

Reaction score

I'll find out when I assess it once it gets here. It has no rear end, engine or front suspension. Basically, it's sittiing on the ground. It would be easier to cut up a car and add these parts....maybe.....we'll see. We are picking it up in 2 weeks.

johnnyride

Reaction score
Looks like Global Coach did some marketing with the Imperial Vert. I just picked this up on eBay.

wq9309.jpg

johnnyride

Reaction score
Shadeland Dodge in Indy had a Blue one with white top and interior.

I loved that car, but only seen it in the showroom.

Very cool cars

The T Top in my 77 Aspen was converted at Cars & Concept in Michigan

Hey Wildcat...was that siting around 1982? If so, it may be the Mirada that I found junked. I'm sure it originally came with a white top.

nailman

Reaction score
If you have the only one for sale in the free world, price is relative...

johnnyride

Reaction score
If you have the only one for sale in the free world, price is relative...

Very true as long as someone wants it...but Steve, a member here, also has one. So far, I've found 3 or 4 Mirada Verts for sale. I've yet to find a Doba Vert like mine tho. Trust me, I'd love to get that for mine someday. Mine has 88K on it, and I paid in the 9K range for it. But it would take a lot for me to sell. I love my car. If I had the cash (and room) I'd add his to my collection.

IMG_0161a.jpg

Last edited:

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I've seen pictures of 1st gen Cordoba convertibles and they always looked a little...off...to me. The proportions just aren't right or something. I think these Miradas and later 'Dobas look right on. Top down looks the best, I think. The boxy ragtop with opera window looks a little odd (no offense meant) but with it folded down they look great. I'd love to have one of those....and they seem to be priced accordingly. Meaning; I'll never have one.
Great looking cars fellas.
(If you're still around...)

Last edited:

johnnyride

Reaction score
I've seen pictures of 1st gen Cordoba convertibles and they always looked a little...off...to me. The proportions just aren't right or something. I think these Miradas and later 'Dobas look right on. Top down looks the best, I think. The boxy ragtop with opera window looks a little odd (no offense meant) but with it folded down they look great. I'd love to have one of those....and they seem to be priced accordingly. Meaning; I'll never have one.
Great looking cars fellas.
(If you're still around...)

Thanks, jonny...I'm still around....and Happy Holidays all!

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
I like the look of the converts when the top is down, with the top up it looks abit more ungainly. Of course, this idea was "Post-factory," so it'll never look as good as a car that was designed from the start to have a convertible version, but they did a pretty good job of keeping it from looking way too 'after thought.' I'd own one...

Back