Convertible J's

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
It makes me wonder why Chrysler waited to bring back convertibles til their only platform left was the K. I think even those were farmed-out for final trimming.
A RWD almost-fullsize ragtop would have probably sold pretty well considering the competition at the time, ie: none.

alf44

Reaction score
that blue wreck, would it be to hard to install that nose on a 80 f body with the 2 pc fenders? would look awesome with that nose.

CMX360

Reaction score
Those are some rare rims. They are similar to Mirada 10 spokes.

They're the same wheels. They've just been polished and painted thats all. It needs white letter tires.

Last edited:

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Man, thats no hatchet-job, it was well done. Did you notice the chrome trim across the top of the windshield? Looks factory. Pretty well maintained too, that interior pic almost blinded me when I clicked on it. I bet a 77-79 would make a nice-looking drop top with those quarter panel curves and tapered trunklid. Thanks Mr Lopar.

johnnyride

Reaction score
that blue wreck, would it be to hard to install that nose on a 80 f body with the 2 pc fenders? would look awesome with that nose.

My blue wreck is toast. Floor boards behind the seats are gone. You'd be better off finding a LeBaron and using the convertible parts. I'm sure it's the same top kit as on the Cordobas, Miradas and Imperials. Thanks for sharing. This is the first one I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
My blue wreck is toast. Floor boards behind the seats are gone. You'd be better off finding a LeBaron and using the convertible parts. I'm sure it's the same top kit as on the Cordobas, Miradas and Imperials. Thanks for sharing. This is the first one I have ever seen.

he wasnt asking about the roof, he was asking about the front clip, if itd fit on a 80 aspen/volare

CMX360

Reaction score
Nope, they are different. Look where the spokes meet the outer rim. There is an angled step, rather than a radius.

Well I'll be damned. Strange. Different manufacturer I guess. I believe ALCOA made the American ones. Forged and cast versions.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I think they were a Mexican only released wheel. Even the spokes arent the in the usual straight plain. They are angled outwards from the center of the wheel to the outer rim.

The cast and forged Mirada wheels are Kelsey Hayes.
I have 20 cast wheels for sale. In sets of 4 or any combination, even a single wheel.
Located in 11714

Ollywood

Reaction score
The Mirada's and Cordoba's look great as convertibles. Being built in Windsor plant I'm surprised Chrysler did'nt have ASC or Cars and Concepts do the job,

I'm not crazy with the top up look. Having the top meeting up to the door glass. The coachbuilder should of taken the time to make the 1/4 windows roll down. I'm not crazy about the way the top wraps up to the door glass.

Imperial looks good as a convertible but I think that model looks better as a hard top. Don't get me wrong I'd drive a convertible Imperial in a minute.

I wonder if the convertible roof and windshield frame from a Dodge 600 would work? Obviously would have to be widened and lengthened to fit. 600 looks like a baby Mirada lol

Has anyone thought of making a vert or know someone who has made a vert out of their J body?

After seein this thread I'm getting crazy thoughts about makin my CMX a real convertible lol

Last edited:
Back