De-lean burning

Master M

Reaction score
Absolutely.
New cars are made to be generally safe but also made to be pretty much written off if you take a good hit.

Whereas our cars are actually fixable without costing insane amounts of money to do it. A guy who works next door to me just had to replace his side view mirror. Without labor the cost of the mirror alone was $2500!!!
Alright start windin' me up and I'll have to get on my soapbox real soon !!! You didn't really mean $2500.00 did you ??

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen plenty a side mirror on today’s cars costing over $2,000 (US). Many has cameras (for avoidance detection) and/or radar sensors built into them. That and 2 (or 3) electric motors and heater element (deicer). Some of them contain antennas for the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor System), as well.

I ran read an article on a BMW that has 11 different cameras on outside of the car, for collision avoidance.
Personally, I think this is a way for government to spy on us (ok, I taken my tin foil hat off and placed it back in a hidden bin by my computer).

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
I just did the swap. Needless to say, she runs much better than before. I'll include some pictures.
Oh, and I did also leave the computer bolted to the air cleaner.

P5110016.JPG

P5110024.JPG

P5110029.JPG

P5110031.JPG

P5120033.JPG

P5120035.JPG

P5120037.JPG

P5120038.JPG

P5130039.JPG

P5130040.JPG

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I just did the swap. Needless to say, she runs much better than before. I'll include some pictures.
Oh, and I did also leave the computer bolted to the air cleaner.
Is that the MSD all-in-one distributor?

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Got a little more done, moved the A/C compressor out of the way,

IMAG0187.jpg

Was a bit snugger fit than I thought, but just had to undo the heater and upper radiator hose at the intake and wiggled it out.
IMAG0188.jpg

Still love how much sense these cars make to work on if you just stop and think a minute, everything all falls right into place!

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
yeah it's the MSD ready-to-run for small block Chryslers. Installation couldn't have gone smoother. Only 3 wires to hook up, and it comes with everything needed. I bought it from summit. Pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8388/overview/make/chrysler

I had already installed an MSD blaster coil about 2 years ago when I did a tune-up. I decided to stick with MSD since they have a good reputation. I did put a set of their wires on too because they use a male/hei style cap. Also, the coil to cap wire that came with the wire set was too short, so I just modified my old one. Haven't had any issues.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Next most logical step is to drain the oil and coolant. Very important, don't ask what main bearings look like after forgetting this step and launching on an 800 mile straight drive...

SirRalliart

Reaction score
Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there. I hope to have it fired up this weekend. One note, if you go with Rev-N-Nator, you have to buy a pigtail for the ECU.
IMG_0507.JPG

Justwondering

Reaction score
oh my that is totally awesome...

I could never gut my FA like that, but yours looks beautiful.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking very nice.

I have one Rev-N-Nator setup (need two) - but hadn’t installed it yet.
Was disappointed when they said they don’t recommend using it when using vacuum advance (I said WTF) - so am curious to see how yours work.

I would like to get my hands on your carburetor for a week, for testing purposes.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Sir Railliart -- tread carefully... your carb gets north of the red river into oklahoma territory and you may never see it again...
(just kidding BudW)

SirRalliart

Reaction score
There's something much extra wiring that's not needed now. The photo was when I had everything pulled out of the way.

I started it this afternoon. Now I'm cleaning up all of this extra wiring and going crazy with the zip ties and electrical tape.

One major problem is that the coil rubs against the stock air cleaner. So, I now have a Demon chrome one coming from Summit. Was trying to keep it somewhat stock looking, oh well.

Back