Driving Requires Attention

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Here they are buying them for 1-2 mil and just leaving them empty. People born and raised here can`t afford to buy because prices are crazy and those that have bought are stretched to the limit. If interest rates go up a couple of % alot of people are going to be in trouble.
Yep!
Pretty sad.
Even 'Shiny Pony' said in Vancouver last week something has to be done.

hemijoe

Reaction score
hey capt what till you see what i did to my hood

Aspen500

Reaction score
Glad I don't live where you guys do!
The typical, average suburban ranch house of 1,500-2,000sq ft on a 1/4 acre lot goes for between $120,000 and $180,000. The one I posted with the picture for $500K is at the top end of the scale pretty much. There are houses for sale for as little as $25,000 to $30,000 but they need work and the neighborhoods most are in,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO THANK YOU!

Example. 1,500 sq ft house over in Weston, asking price $139,900

weston1.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Funny how threads change into other things.....lol.

Something has to pop here. $350,000 bungalows here are now over a mil. When this all finally pops it's gonna get ugly.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, what the heck?o_O It's just the same as when you and your buddy, wife, dad (whoever) are talking about one thing and you end up talking about something 100 miles away from the original subject half an hour later. Then, try to figure out how it went from one thing to the next, and the next, and the next.........

Part of the reason house prices are relatively reasonable in this area is, the average yearly income isn't anywhere near as much as a lot of places. I mean, we do the exact same work here, it just pays less and the prices of homes and a lot of other things reflects that. The median household income for the area is $51,000 as an example. Part of the reason the only "luxury" brand of cars sold here is Audi and that has to be combined with a VW and Hyundai dealer. Stand alone Audi would never survive. There's also Chrysler and Cadillac of course, but no Lexus, MB, Infinity, Porsche, BMW, or any of the other higher priced makes dealers (or Volvo, Mazda, Mitsubishi, or Fiat for that matter). One other reason for that may be also the preference of people in this area for American makes like Chrysler, Ford and GM which outnumber "foreign" cars by a big margin. Trucks especially. I use "American makes" cautiously because some of the foreign cars are more American made than the American ones,,,,,,sadly.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
.............and because of some bonehead, who was probably yakking on his/her stupid cell phone at the time, caused all that,,,,,I see traffic backed up big time. All thanks to one idiot.

Best part is, it was probably all caught on dash-cam by the Police. I assume they have dash-cams in all the squads in whatever place you live anyways(?)
Let's just hope the SUV driver wasn't black and the cop white, or is that just a U.S. thing:rolleyes:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I was 2nd vehicle in the curb lane, about where the pic of the of the SUV was taken.
I didn't hear the crash, but all the sudden I saw a Crown Vic bumper cover flying.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Someone found out that pulling fast and furious moves in the rain don't work if you don't really know what you're doing.....

20161002_132453.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'd love to have a look at the tires. Probably worn down beyond the wear bars, add some water to the road and suddenly you're sideways.

Back