Finally fender extensions done!

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Picture tells a thousand words

IMG_20190302_100849.jpg

line_1568359693247.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
They look great Bruceynz! ;) Post some more pics when you can. That color of your Cordoba is beautiful! Don't let them get to you about time, it takes me forever to get even the smallest things done to OY. It could be very frustrating, but I try not to let that happen. I don't think I have ever been as busy in my entire life as I have been in the past several years, and OY isn't very high up on the "gotta do" list. But then, I really don't want OY to become just another burden putting pressure on me. OY is purely just a fun hobby. It's only purpose is to provide fun and relaxation! :) It's also part of the fun and very satisfying to be able to find that part or complete that repair after a long time of looking or waiting.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
This car must have the most expensive fender extensions ever! The fit was terrible and $400 later the fiberglass shop has them sorted, they cut them up and just about rebuilt. I also have top door panels that are not cracked! I have widow eyelashes that are new!

Waiting for pin stripes to arrive, hopefully be here next week

upload_2019-9-15_18-38-49.png

Aspen500

Reaction score
You do know I was joking around with my "took long enough" comment.:)
It took me close to 12 years to build my car and even then, it wasn't "done" and, I've been taking care of details since. Started in 2002 after sitting with a fried trans since 1996, first drive around the block in 2012 and first REAL drive in 2013. Tore the engine down late summer 2013 and built it again after 100 miles (long story, don't ask...........................:mad::()

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Window felts or the rubber attached to outer door mouldings?
Top interior door pieces, modern 3d printed?

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Ok where do I start, no you guys don't annoy me, your all awesome!

You give me lots of help and advice!

Fender extensions, I dunno now, only one place had them, quite hard place to deal with.

I had new top door moulding folded up out of Tin, new outside window rubbers, new inside window felts.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I have just about finished installing a new pioneer stereo system in the doba, 6.5" speakers in dash, 6x9 in the back, 12" sub in trunk, with a pioneer cd player up front. I am waiting for the 1.5 to 1 din adapter to arrive from USA.

IMG_20190919_222922.png

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Geez I dunno now, I think have box still in the garage, will need to look, I just took old rubbers off, measured them up and found some on eBay they same and put them on. Will look tomorrow.

Last edited:

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Damn that is like gold...
Will have to research more..
Here in steele/ metro rubber have universal samples something would have to work also not sure if Mirada is same as Doba...

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Is this it, I forget measurements now but says it's 1370

New Fairchild Universal Beltline Weatherstripping

I need to go and have a look again but I think it was about an inch short on length but it ended up behind side mirrors, I remember butt joined something together now to get length. But was way better than gaping holes in the window rubbers.

Last edited:
Back