Florida Highway Partrol

slant6billy

Reaction score
Apparently the radio isn't the only thing you can't outrun...

That is what I would call an "Oh Shit!" moment in the rearview mirror.

Did you note what was going on with the blue challenger in front of the police one? Phantom grille and rear valance were added to get a "Cuda" look. It might be part of the Mr. Norm package, but there are other "Cuda" body packages for the new challey

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That is what I would call an "Oh Shit!" moment in the rearview mirror.

Did you note what was going on with the blue challenger in front of the police one? Phantom grille and rear valance were added to get a "Cuda" look. It might be part of the Mr. Norm package, but there are other "Cuda" body packages for the new challey

It would appear law enforcement has stepped up their game.
Always comes in handy for them when they have a pursuit car that'll be on you like cousin Bob on a beer cooler....

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Up here in Crossville TN are Sheriff Casey Cox gets to drive a Charger and all his Deputies. I have not seen a Crown Vic in a few years now. For drug searching in the hills the Sheriff also has four wheel off road jeeps and trucks and I have even seen them use some mean looking Humvee's. As for the local community police they all use SUV's but when they show up at a seen there is always two units and four officers most of them have k-9 and all the tactical weapons that they may need on hand if the issue is serious enough and arises to half to use deadly force.

Unlike most cities this city respects a gun owners right to carry a fire arm and our Sheriff supports it entirely. If you have a permit and all the proper training you can carry anywhere you want except on school property and are in government buildings. We live a little ways out from the city so I some times carry. Its nice to know that one can protect his self and his family if he has too.

Last edited:

gray07

Reaction score
Around here there leaving the big fords and chevys and going to all ford suvs

ColinV

Reaction score
Where I live the RCMP are using Ford Explorer's and in the cities they have switched all their cars to the Ford Fusion now. I know an officer and in conversation he told me that they wish they had anything else but these vehicles. Also told me that all new RCMP vehicles for BC are governed at 100kph or 62mph in the name of fuel economy, "just don't tell the bad guys". Seems rather ridiculous since they just raised the limit on the Coquihalla system to 120kph.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
LSM360 one of Florida's finest has sent me some pics and reports on his new unmarked Charger.
A total badass beast....he loves it.

LSM360

Reaction score
I have been away awhile. Just been busy.

SUV's and Pickups are the latest trend. I'm not a fan of either, but I see cover stories in Law Enforcement magazines touting why this is a supposed economic and ergonomic move. Again, not a fan here, excluding for K9.

enigma57

Reaction score
My buddie's brother stopped to help someone stranded on the inside of a highway in town, and got rearended by someone doing appox 60mph, he was in his crown vic, and the trunk was smashed almost into the back seat, and the back window blew out. he was stiff and sore for a few, bug was otherwise alright. The city was planning on switching over to explorers anyway, so he got the first 2014, they almost all have them now,

Glad to hear that he came through this OK. I worked for a municipality before retiring and the Crown Vic police cars of 8 to 10 years ago were highly prone to fires when rear ended. It had to do with the fact that the Crown Vic police cars of that era came fitted with larger fuel tanks than civilian models and when rear ended, had less crush space distance between tank and rear bumper and rearend housing because of the larger tank and the tanks would rupture when the cars were hit from the rear. There was a note on our bulletin board at work about it at the time and the cars were being recalled and modified to minimize the problem.

As an aside, I sold my 1986 Dodge Diplomat ex-cop car last week. Need something easier to get in and out of since the back operation. The car was a nice size, but I'm your basic Yeti-sized individual and believe it or not...... My wife's old 2003 Maxima is actually easier for me to get in and out of.

What I really need is another 1950 Dodge Wayfarer business coupe. Getting in and out of that car was easy and it fit me like a glove. Here is a similar '49 coupe from Dodge sales literature of the time......

2008-1-16_1949Dodge3PCpWeb-Large.jpg

Best regards,

Harry

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Was in Montreal for the last week of January. about 75-80% of Montreal cops are now in Chargers. the remaining cars are the older Crown Vics, and FWD Chevy Impalas.

Our Calgary Cops are now almost all the FWD Ford Police Interceptors. Tough looking cars; They changed from a white overall color scheme to a black overall color scheme, aside from the front doors. which are still white. Personally, I think it is a bad move from a maintenance perspective; way too much stuff jammed together in the front of an FWD to allow for easy maintenance. If they have to replace a transmission, enigne needs to come out, as an example.Mileage may be better, as they are 3.0L V6s, but they could have ordered Chargers with V6s as well, and the Charger's 3.6L V6 is probably one of the best V6s being made.

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Agreed....the new Chrysler six kicks out around 300+ hp right out of the box if memory serves....not too shabby at all.

LSM360

Reaction score
Agreed....the new Chrysler six kicks out around 300+ hp right out of the box if memory serves....not too shabby at all.
They do, and plenty of torque. I tell ya, one of the best things about these sixes is they are silky smooth! A really well done six! Nothing will every match the fondness I have for the slanty, but this six is sweet too.

LSM360

Reaction score
Good to see you back!
How's the new Charger?

Geez, sorry Capn, just been busy. The new Charger is awesome. Mine is the 5.7 with 2.65 gears and it still is so strong out of the hole, and has what seems like endless top end, and great brakes with the new BR9 Brake Package.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Geez, sorry Capn, just been busy. The new Charger is awesome. Mine is the 5.7 with 2.65 gears and it still is so strong out of the hole, and has what seems like endless top end, and great brakes with the new BR9 Brake Package.

You know I'm jealous..... lol.

Luis Q

Reaction score
If you ever hear an Impala and Charger 5.7 running emergency and getting on it, that poor Impala sounds pathetic.
That's like comparing apples to oranges. I'd like to see a V6 Charger run with an Impala and Taurus (or as they call it, the Ford Police Interceptor). I'd like to see the 5.7 Charger run with the new police Caprice. I heard back in the 90's the Caprices were running away from Crown Vics. Also heard the V6 Impalas were quicker in the launch than the Crown Vics. But as the saying goes, "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." Here in Saint Mary's County I've noticed the Sheriff's are starting to run the Taurus, Explorer, and Caprice. They still have Crown Vics and run Tahoes and an early 2000s Expedition. Maryland State Police is running Chargers, Crown Vics, Tauruses, Tahoes, and Caprices.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's like comparing apples to oranges. I'd like to see a V6 Charger run with an Impala and Taurus (or as they call it, the Ford Police Interceptor). I'd like to see the 5.7 Charger run with the new police Caprice. I heard back in the 90's the Caprices were running away from Crown Vics. Also heard the V6 Impalas were quicker in the launch than the Crown Vics. But as the saying goes, "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." Here in Saint Mary's County I've noticed the Sheriff's are starting to run the Taurus, Explorer, and Caprice. They still have Crown Vics and run Tahoes and an early 2000s Expedition. Maryland State Police is running Chargers, Crown Vics, Tauruses, Tahoes, and Caprices.

The Pentastar Six is 306 ponies right out of the box.

Back