FMJ Bodies: Driving A Legend

My imp

Reaction score
Penis envy, Sigmund said it best, "She zinks zat hur Johnson izz bigga zen yur Johnson!" She is going to do it because her God given right to squat while she pee pee's allows & entitles her to. She's the sh*t! Just ask her, or better yet tell her, she ain't! CC, Mark Cross is embossed on all J bodied Imp's.armrest in the front seat. There was a pamphlet with the car when new about him. I also had a card in the glove box about a Mark Cross umbrella that came with the car. Anyone still have it? I have an early '80's leather (huge butterfly collars, ala Starskey &Hutch) jacket that is the exact match for my Imp's interior! Too bad I threw out my Flagg Bros. platform shoes & polyester pants, puka beads, & silk shirts, or I could be PIMPIN!!! When I was maybe 2 or 3 my Mom drew two circles, and two boxes. I asked her, "What is that Mommy?" "A car" she said. Oohhhh so that's what it is. It's all her fault. She taught all these designers how to design! Boy we sure have hi-jacked this thread! First we were talking about what a legend we drive, and now look. Oh well, welcome to 12/22/12 Larry

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
First off...
Billy, the reason she's got to pass you to get to the gym is cause her tena's are full and leaking....know the type well..
And yeah, those stupid crossovers do all look the same
Don't know how many times I thought a hyundaiyota was a Mercissan or a stinkin linkin was a Cayenne..
Same big stupid looking sh*tbox.
Imp...
No hijacking involved lol....
It's all the same basis.
Your mom was showing you the difference between a car
And what we now call "vehicles"
A vehicle is a bike, a shopping cart, a riding lawnmower, etc.
We drive CARS.

I'd love to sit in that Imp of your's and check out that interior.
Sounds very cool.

My imp

Reaction score
It is, need to hit Radio Shack for a stereo adapter to put my '93 Infinity head & 6 disc changer in. Bought it new in '93 for "Thee 'Olde Hide's" Concorde, but never put it in. All I have is the analog '81 AM/FM Cassette (at least it's not 8 Track!) to almost tune into. The only thing I'd change, is to put a manual recline on drivers seat (like the pass. seat), & heat both seats.words cannot describe the feeling of heat on a bad back! I can drive my Daughter's Cobalt SS w/heated seats for here to East BF Egypt w/o any pain, but my Son-in-law's Cobalt SS w/o heated seats, is a serious burr in the saddle quite quickly. Snow here, wwwwaaaaaaaaa! Wanted to show up at the Bro-in-law's tomorrow dressed as Santa in the Imp, however it's "T.O.H's" Marquis. Oh well, at least it's red. Everyone have a very, merry Christmas! Larry

My imp

Reaction score
I love it! Only thing missing is a few juvenile delinquents riding the back bumper! That was considered winter sports in my neighborhood! Donuts & bumper riding in parking lots, what a blast! Larry

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Did a lot of "bumper skiing" myself as a kid.
Five of us hopped a beetle one night. Stopped it dead in it's tracks. Lol..

alfatar

Reaction score
It is, need to hit Radio Shack for a stereo adapter to put my '93 Infinity head & 6 disc changer in. Bought it new in '93 for "Thee 'Olde Hide's" Concorde, but never put it in. All I have is the analog '81 AM/FM Cassette (at least it's not 8 Track!) to almost tune into. The only thing I'd change, is to put a manual recline on drivers seat (like the pass. seat), & heat both seats.words cannot describe the feeling of heat on a bad back! I can drive my Daughter's Cobalt SS w/heated seats for here to East BF Egypt w/o any pain, but my Son-in-law's Cobalt SS w/o heated seats, is a serious burr in the saddle quite quickly. Snow here, wwwwaaaaaaaaa! Wanted to show up at the Bro-in-law's tomorrow dressed as Santa in the Imp, however it's "T.O.H's" Marquis. Oh well, at least it's red. Everyone have a very, merry Christmas! Larry

You do know that you can put heated seats in the car. i took apart a licoln seat with the lumbar also and all it is a a balloon type think that was wiretide? to the seat back and had 2 small hose go to a seat compressor. all very tidy and self contained
sorry for the hyjack

mike

My imp

Reaction score
Oh yes , I do know. I talked my son-in-law into putting them in his Cobalt. He's never done much mechanically, but I walked him through it via text messaging. Results look & work perfect! I know mine will have them! I always thought they'd put me to sleep while driving, but no, I drove to their place in Virginia beach, Va (3) times with, (2) without; no comparison! I thought I hijacked it?

My imp

Reaction score
Oh well, here's one I'd really like to do if I had the $. Take a Mirada CMX, Imp snowflakes, Imp front fascia, grille, bumper, 'glass hood (scoop optional), of course hidden headlights. On the rear, only from the quarter extensions or so, graft the Imp tail lamp profile. On the Mirada deck lid, graft the Imp's rear deck lid's profile w/license plate housing, tail & reverse light assy.'s, rear bumper & filler panel (but of course, he said so matter-of-factly), cut out for and installed), '71-'74 Charger tailpipe extensions. And, the reason for all of this; a convertible top! Auto rust torque boxes & subframes would help tie everything together. Insert drive train of choice, & you have one gorgeous ride! I saw pictures of that one blue Imperial with a conv. top grafted on. The "bustle-back rear-end",didn't seem to flow quite the way I'd like it to. I don't believe to be that difficult of a project, & it won't cost you too many appendages! Not many of my appendages function as installed, so, one of y'uns is gonna have do it. What would you call it? ImpeMX? Imperada? MiraMX? SEMA would scarf that up BIG time! Contact Mopar Performance & see if they'd DONATE a complete Arrington 426 drive train for the project (tickle my *ss w/a feather, so we both get a good laugh out of that one)! And remember sports fans, you heard it here 1st! Larry

My imp

Reaction score
Naw, emergency rations, double-pumper, single-feed beer helmet WHILE Saws-Alling! You know I cut it (3) times & it's still to short! I have all that, have Imp parts, all I really need is a garage & Mirada. My home has a 1 1/2 car shed. Ever since I retired, I have stored my tools at my Dad & Mom's house. His garage is 2 1/2 main section, 1 1/2 compressor & tool room, 10'x10' general storage (attached), heat & a/c, KILLER stereo (with Sirrus). Only problem is its 20min's travel each way. Plus a few more negative intangibles, kinda makes it not worth it right now

My imp

Reaction score
Abso-friggin-lutly! See that, we've got another member with a bad back (to fix or not to fix). We should start our own web page "FFBO" For F'd up Backs Only! You forgot one of my favoritest tool, Plasma Cutter! Even Papa (my Dad) likes playing with that one! He just doesn't like tunes on when we're working, but I do! Funny, I thought the Imperada wwould have drawn more response. Anyone else have one they'd build if $ were no object? Thanks, Larry

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Beer, Sawzall, Beer, MigWelder and more Beer.......U can do anything.:icon_pidu:

So true. :icon_thumleft:
2012-12-29 20.20.43-1.jpg

2012-12-29 20.20.43-1.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
I'll see your Beck's fine German Ale, & raise you (1) Smithwick's, & a Guinness Black Lager! Have you tried? Larry

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'll see your Beck's fine German Ale, & raise you (1) Smithwick's, & a Guinness Black Lager! Have you tried? Larry

Yes Sir,
If it's booze, I've no doubt tried it. Lol..
I'm a seasoned vet now.
Fire water and I ...or rather Me on fire water and others don't get along well.
Over the years, I've settled on beer,
Doesn't make me insane and I've narrowed it down to Becks
It's all I drink.
Ever had Newfie Screech?

My imp

Reaction score
Not yet, been a Guinness man for decades. Bit of trivia; what is the properly British pronunciation of "Smithwick's" ? For a pint at the Nat.'s.

Back