FMJ Bodies: Driving A Legend

My imp

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot, my wife, with an assist from jasperjacko (thanks bro, I owe you one! Still can't shrink eng. bay shots enough), I finally have a few shots of my Imp in photo gallery. Larry

My imp

Reaction score
Close, I was given a "proper dressing down" on my pronunciation of Smithwick's by a proper gentleman citizen of the crown, who told 'twas pronounced "Smid-dick's". Ok, sayeth I. I must be off to saw'r (saw) some wood, with an aluminIum (aluminum) saw'r blade? Try this one time fast, with a heavy Irish brogue (not with the Li'l tykes around!) WHALE, OIL, BEEF, HOOKED! Maybe it's one of those about-aboot things; lost in translation? lol but close enough that an average man on horseback wouldn't be able to discern the difference! IOU (1) Beck's, or adult beverage of choice. Would I need a passport just to come up and get pissed, then motel to sleep it off? Larry

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well we could both be right on the pronunciation
So I call dutch on the bevy's.
And yes, passport and tube of ky are required
(Crevice search is free)

My imp

Reaction score
Do I have to supply my own wig & lipstick? Or is that gratis? Hey, if they want to see the olde abacus in action, I guess a couple dozen 911degree Buffalo wings, curry or two, many adult bev.'s, ought to do! Jeez, do you have to go through all that when you cross border? If not, I don't need a glorified Turnpike Attendant trying to adjust the olde turd cutter for me. Starting to get this computer thing down. I'll try to shoot the Imp all covered in snow for you. Larry

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Do I have to supply my own wig & lipstick? Or is that gratis? Hey, if they want to see the olde abacus in action, I guess a couple dozen 911degree Buffalo wings, curry or two, many adult bev.'s, ought to do! Jeez, do you have to go through all that when you cross border? If not, I don't need a glorified Turnpike Attendant trying to adjust the olde turd cutter for me. Starting to get this computer thing down. I'll try to shoot the Imp all covered in snow for you. Larry

Yep, we're all presumed to be potential terrorists now.
Me going there or you coming here, same deal.
Hungry man dinners (backyard barbeque for sure), pickled eggs and fifteen coors light oughta make their day...

Yeah, snap some pics of that snow covered baby and post'em up.

My imp

Reaction score
Well we should be off the hook. According to TV we need inconspicuous cars, but we'll be stuck in the " '76-'89 RWD" line trying to cross the border. I'm getting on the pic.'s now. Maybe the world DID end! Smithwick's is on sale!!! Usually $8.99 a six, is now $13.00 a TWELVE! Is it noon yet? Well it's noon somewhere, So, " To all the brothers of the FFBO, Cheers! "

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
As Alan Jackson would say..
"It's five o'clock somewhere".
Here's a shot of my Fifth doing her
"Great Canadian Duty".
2012-12-30 11.59.22-1.jpg

2012-12-30 11.59.22-1.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
If I was doing my duty, everything wouldn't be covered in snow! I've managed to (with a little help from my friends!) get some photos in the gallery. Eventually, I may begin placing them in my replies. I tried to get a pic. of those lights on the tree, however, the tree just swallows them. Larry

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I felt like taking the Fifth for a nice run today
It's pretty much regulated to stop and go city driving in non trailer season
Figured she could use a rip.
Decided to go for breakfast....in Alderville
A small town (and I mean small) about 80 miles east and north
Once you get off the 401 highway freakshow it's a beautiful two laner
Nothing but farms and field, just awesome.
And the fog factor was nuts.
A Legendary breakfast...
A Legendary drive. :thumbsup:
2012-12-02 12.55.03-1.jpg

2012-12-02 12.55.03-1.jpg

Last edited:

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
They sure don't make 'em like that anymore. There's a 87 fifth ave. around here that is in great shape owned by an older lady and I sure would like to get my hands on that.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I really gotta hand it to this old gal.....
I've been beating on this poor thing for yet another winter
As I'm sure you're all aware....this winter has been hell....
Yet every morning regardless of how cold it's been I come out, turn the key and she fires up...this trusty old steed has yet to fail me......ever.
I've come out when it's -20°F with an insane windchill...
When other cars are waiting for CAA to show up I hop in the Fifth and put the key in....turning the ignition tumbler feels like it's stiff molasses...
The poor beast does a slow chur...rur...rur...rur....and fires up.
Groaning and not happy about being woken up.....but running none the less.

Here's a classic example.....

Chrysler was once again having their money issues and may have cut some corners here and there but whether they knew it at the time or not...
What they produced was yet another legendary automobile worthy as any other of the Pentastar....
I drive my Fifth with pride along with my other fine Chrysler built products.
Some people try to knock our F's, M's and J's as not being on the same level as their predecessors.....

Let no one knock your cars folks....
They are as legendary as any car Ma Mopar made before them.

2014-02-22174922.jpg

LEGENDARY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

72Dodge

Reaction score
The M's are legendary. For all the reasons mentioned, plus in so many areas of the country, many in their late '30s or older have to remember them driving around everywhere in service (police, taxi, park rangers, and on and on...). That's why I want one, and will have one someday.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The M's are legendary. For all the reasons mentioned, plus in so many areas of the country, many in their late '30s or under have to remember them driving around everywhere in service (police, taxi, park rangers, and on and on...). That's why I want one, and will have one someday.

They're truly becoming head turners....
The Caravelle and the Volare get a lot of looks
But the past few years my Fifth has started many a conversation.
Like you said....quite a few people remember when these cars were a common sight.....not so common anymore.
It seems to take a lot of people back and the people who owned one always talk about how much they loved them and should have never got rid of them.
Although some people have differing opinions on the subject....
I think the day will come when M's come into their own.
They are after all......legendary.

alf44

Reaction score
just a quick note about my 5th. got it from father in law for free. he paid 150.00 nearly 10 yrs ago. 266.000 miles 318. only engine work done in 10 yrs is timimg chain last fall -new plugs- just normal stuff. starts up no matter how friggin cold out. car is very beat up. dents in right quarter. grill has seen 2 deers,interior was trashed. gutted that out and used volare bench seats and house carpet. this is my daily winter ride till spring when she will give up her life for my volare- engine-trans-rear end-front suspension will go into volare. plan on cutting out the 5ths floors as rust free. i have to say that these old mopars can and do take a licking and keep on ticking !

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
just a quick note about my 5th. got it from father in law for free. he paid 150.00 nearly 10 yrs ago. 266.000 miles 318. only engine work done in 10 yrs is timimg chain last fall -new plugs- just normal stuff. starts up no matter how friggin cold out. car is very beat up. dents in right quarter. grill has seen 2 deers,interior was trashed. gutted that out and used volare bench seats and house carpet. this is my daily winter ride till spring when she will give up her life for my volare- engine-trans-rear end-front suspension will go into volare. plan on cutting out the 5ths floors as rust free. i have to say that these old mopars can and do take a licking and keep on ticking !

They certainly do.
My Fifth gets beaten on daily and does the 300 mile round trip every weekend during trailer season on top of it's everyday duties. I bought it for $600 and did the usual tune up and replaced the consumables like tires and shocks and she's never failed me....a die hard.

Back