Found one!

furyfrank

Reaction score
Do you know what is hiding under that new paint ? And what did you pay for it ?

aspen77rt

Reaction score
5500 consignment sale from dealer.

Factory color by fender tag was White

I see none of it anywhere on the exterior.

It has the 7 1/4, but it was spinning both tires on the grave when I put it up on the ramps yesterday. So rear gear who knows.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Not true try the southwest.
What I meant was everyone knows about southwest cars, and alot of them have toasted interior and plastic parts. Some of the northwest states don't use salt and some are quite dry and without the harsh sun and heat. Most folks looking for a clean rust-free car don't know about the NW.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
So what you gonna do with a car that needs nothing? Beautiful purchase you have there. Still looks new. Love the interior makes the entire car pop. Congrats.

Last edited:

aspen77rt

Reaction score
So what you gonna do with a car that needs nothing?

They always need something.

#1. Edelbrock Performer, 4bbl kickdown linkage, and 625cfm street demon are inbound. :laughing7:.

#2. Next, I will be scouring the yards around here for an M-body 8 1/4. From what I've read they are a direct swap in, besides getting the driveshaft shortened.

#3. Shift kit

#4. I have a '95 318 Magnum short block in the garage right besides the Aspen's 360 Mag short block. I'll dump the stock magnum's head and get a set of EQ Mag heads drilled for LA intake. I could just keep the LA block, but no need to mess with flat tappet cams anymore. The Hydraulic rollers are better. That is not a proirity as the Aspen's engine gets done first.

Finally, I'll keep my eyes open for nitniod odds and ends that I think need replacing.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
So it is an 80 ?? LOL
I was guessing off the headlight bezels and interior pics. ( seat belts, steering wheel, A Pillar mouldings that screw in)

I wish I had your knowledge on the J-Bodies. I could not guess the year by the above. About all I know is the suspension is same as the F-body. Or what nit noid parts are swappable between other J's or M's. i.e. I would like to change the combo turn signal arm to a better one. I have no idea if one from a dippy, 5th ave, or imperial for example will work. My factory service manual is in bound.

I just reviewed the thread and I didn't post that clearly...oops. Yes an 1980.

Last edited:

aspen77rt

Reaction score
It has cruise.

Untitled.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a notch at one end of each shaft that requires a specific orientation.

:laughing4:Im sure Cap't can post up a detailed pic of how to properly install your shaft........

Back