Fuel filler neck grommet

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
4002010 Dodge
Correct!
As of July 8. 2019 (the last part price change) the MSRP is $18.10 (US) from Dodge.

super common mopar filler neck grommet, used for decades.
It is the only fuel neck grommet used for FMJ's (and maybe early front wheel drives?) - but ALL other rear wheel drive cars ('60 and '70's) are different (wont fit).

by the way I found something odd when I took out my sending unit.Did any of the late M bodies have a electric fuel pump at the end of the pickup?
Going by memory, there was a TSB out on some late M’s to have an electric fuel pump installed/retrofitted if customer was experiencing vapor lock issues. They didn’t come from factory that way – but it used Chrysler parts.

I just got a Dorman 577-501,
Many other Dorman parts have worked great for me - just not with their fuel tank grommets. My recommendation is to avoid that brand name on this item.

Be careful of the aftermarket ones. Sometimes the rubber isn`t quality
ditto, my experience as well.

Note: This weekend, I found a Chrysler part number 3404182 (B-body) fuel tank grommet that I had purchased in 1985 – that I never did get installed. It had seen very little daylight in its life but had been subjected to Oklahoma weather extremes. It was rock hard – so I tossed it.
I have another 3404182 fuel tank grommet I bought January 2009 (when Chrysler was in risk of going bankrupt, I picked up a few spares just in case parts got scarce) and vacuum (food) bagged them/placed into a dark box. It is sill a "like new" pliable part.

August 2018, I picked up a new 4002010 grommet (for my wagon) and it cost me $17.50, then – so cost appears to be going up on them. One nice thing about using the factory grommet - if fits and it won't leak (but is expensive). The other brands, um, its not the same case.
BudW

80mirada

Reaction score
The tank, sending unit, and straps from Spectra Premium have also been available in Mopar boxes. The sending unit I believe is an F-body one as it does not use the J-body specific connctor

80mirada

Reaction score
Spectra is the retail brand of the OEM supplier for Chrysler and others. Some executive found out they still had the tooling in a warehouse for many of the parts they made and decided it was a good idea to go into limited production.

volare 77

Reaction score
If the sending unit rheostat is wound and made like the original then great. Every aftermarket sending units I have used are not too accurate and leave a lot to be desired..

Back