Get your wrenches

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well... Got the old rotten line out. Hosed the T with deep creep
Was gonna start the flaring party..but couldn't feel my hands anymore.
Wednesday and thursday are supposed to be gorgeous
So..after work I'm back at it.
The pace is painfully slow when you don't have a garage.

Bring on the spring! :sunny:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ok... Finally!
Supposed to be sunny and a mind blowing 15° C here tomorrow.
Not a big deal to the boys down south but up here that means I can work on my Dip tomorrow and actually FEEL my hands.
S-W-E-E-T! :icon_super:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Hitting 70° F here in NJ/ Phila today..... Primer Primer Primer

slant6billy

Reaction score
Negatory on that primer, just found a small pin hole on the driverside 1/4. About a 1/16 of an inch or possible smaller. Now, nobody get mad..... It is a clean hole, no rust and the metal is solid. My filled in Volare emblem holes are much bigger. So the fast fix is glass. Long fix is metal. The rest of the 1/4 was pretty good. So, bodyshop technique is to inject it with epoxy, sand, then cover with some surface filler. OK.... so here come the rocks and stones.... I'm ready. Remember my car is not #s matched and is a hacked in V8 dippy cop car motor from the mid /late 80s. It is a Plymouth with a 78 R/T Aspen grille and 78 Aspen Tail lamps. It is a put together car by the guy before me and it consist of 3 possibly 4 cars. I would not call it perfect, but a car with great lines and mild custom attributes.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well... You're still having a better day than me.
When I bought this little one owner gem of a Diplomat, it was mashed into a tiny little garage. So small in fact that you couldn't actually get in to go over the car.
So... I rolled the dice and bought it for $300.
Killer deal right?
Well, I've been waiting for a nice warm day to start replacing the brake lines and finally go over this car. That would be today.
Well... What I found out today is this little beauty is a bondo bucket.
The best part is my passenger side frame rail doesn't exist anymore.
What WAS left, I just finished tearing out with my hand.
So... Basically I'm looking at strip it and junk it.
Total drag.
I had plans for this car.
WTF... Whattaya gonna do right? :dontknow:

slant6billy

Reaction score
My car was rust proofed at some point 30 years ago. The floors and frame rail are excellent. The 1/4s were replaced probably 20 some years ago and the joker did not do the C pilar correctly. So I had to re-metal the C pilars on both sides. This was not a louver car, but vinyl top so the weld was hidden by the top. Thus, I can't hide what is a natural point on any car- "Where the C pilar meets roof". So my frends -surface filler or "Bondo". This is good stuff from the body shop/ paint shop called Evercoat Z Grip. Now some of the metal on this car is Questionable so I use the 3M metal adhesion stuff to marry metal backing pieces to existing good metal. Again, there ain't much and this car is not meant for Barret Jackson. This car is meant to go up the road and run down punks in 4 door inports with 6 inch exhaust and make them see finally how silly they really look. Not too mention the Mustang and Camaro tuff guys who need their attitude adjusted. Finally, as any F, M or J or Y owner, you might not see one locally so the unique ride is the tops.

Back