Gran Fury: Cutting some frame rails and relocating some leaf springs

Oldiron440

Reaction score
My bodyshop was three blocks from the local mopar dealer when those were sold new. For a year or two every once in a while we would get one on the lot that dog tracked. The problem was the mount for the Rt side front spring hanger was about a half inch forward than the Lt aside. The Chrysler fix was to stack up shims between the mount on the unit body and the spring hanger. So I would verify that the spring hangers are square in there location under the car before going to far. Sometimes the Rt rocker would be forward also.

mattechperf

Reaction score
My bodyshop was three blocks from the local mopar dealer when those were sold new. For a year or two every once in a while we would get one on the lot that dog tracked. The problem was the mount for the Rt side front spring hanger was about a half inch forward than the Lt aside. The Chrysler fix was to stack up shims between the mount on the unit body and the spring hanger. So I would verify that the spring hangers are square in there location under the car before going to far. Sometimes the Rt rocker would be forward also.
That's a great thing to double check. Thanks for that.
I only want this thing going sideways down the road if there's a cloud of tire smoke being left behind.:p:p

mattechperf

Reaction score
Been while since I've updated anything on this process.
I took last summer off, but made some progress when it got cool again.
Now, it's time to assemble the front chassis/suspension and get my Hemi bolted in. T56 6-speed is waiting to be fitted up. Gonna be a lot of cutting. :)

Here are some pics of the new suspension:
Crossmember with inboard spring hangers.
Rear spring sliders on custom mount
Ford 8.8 rear from 1999 Explorer (narrowed 3")
Caltrac Traction Bars.

20221210_181955[1].jpg
20230122_214924[1].jpg
20230205_143429[1].jpg
20230308_225739[1].jpg
20230308_225732[1].jpg

Back