FOR SALE Green Cordoba in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I can get the hood, trunk, and roof repainted to remove the white.
Its a floor shift
Its a green
Its a for sale

Course I'd have to buy it, get it through customs, and here to Texas.
But unlike the Del Rio, Texas Cordoba, I don't have to hire a body guard to go with me in Drug Cartel Land to get a non-running vehicle with no key.

JW

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Me drools . . .

Not many '75-79 Cordoba's came with leather seats (my guess, less than 0.5%) and an unusual color combination.
Note: the hood stripes might be original (maybe).

Pluses:
400 4-bbl engine.
9¼” differential (which makes me think this also has the tow package on it).
Factory cruise control.
100 amp alternator
Has a hard to find tilt steering column (also not a common item)
has center console.

Cons:
has the super heavyweight urethane wheels (well, maybe a con to some people).
Has lean burn – which has a lost worse repetition than what system actually gives.
Someone cut the door panes (and dash top?) for aftermarket speakers.
Shaved door handles (or at least I don't see any door handles on the car)
Some aftermarket wiring hanging down from dash – which may or might not mean anything.
The plastic part of door panels are starting flake off. These door panes are part plastic, part vinyl, part carpet, part hard foam and part cardboard. It is possible the plastic can be repaired – but I don't know enough about it to say much more.
Odometer may read in KM instead of in miles.
Not sure what that is sticking out the passenger side A/C vent, is.
Can't see the radio – and would assume it is an ancient aftermarket version that might need to be replaced.
Looks like an aftermarket alarm system installed.
No battery – so engine condition is UNKNOWN.
Getting the car across the Canadian boarder (not sure how hard that is to do).

I would want to see more pictures of the body, particularly of the lower quarter panels and underneath – but, in my opinion, at $4500 (Canadian?), it looks like it would be hard to beat. If it is Canadian, that would be roughly $3300 US, as of today.

A person might have to have car hauled to OKC so someone can get it “road ready” and then driven down to you with a bow on it.
BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
lol -- Bud you make my day!
I also noticed the lovely red wire hanging down and the speakers in the doors.
I had no clue what those goshdarn boxes were on the dash.
The center console doesn't look like it closes correctly.
Ditto on the A/C what-zit.
Guy does say in the write up that its in miles, not kilometers.

I asked for pics of underneath, did he paint it, and why is it not running (blown engine or just no time for it?).

Need one of the canadian guys to be willing to go look at it for me... hint hint

And, of course, I can have it shipped to you in Oklahoma.
My husband is telling me there will be a better one, more wonderful if I just be patient.

So, I get one of the canadian guys to help send it through customs to Michigan.
A Michigan shipper to take it to your house.
Then send you money to make it water-tight.
You post it on the forum.
I show it to my husband.
He agrees its a match made in heaven.
Then I come to Oklahoma to get the car from you.

Yep... everybody gets what they want... I'm liking that idea.
JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
So its missing the pin-stripe down the length of the car,
the chrome beauty rings around the wheel-wells,
the chrome under the doors,
and the door handles.
And I would definitely need to do something about the rims/tires.
Guys says it ran last summer but hasnt run it since he bought it late last year.
Did give me his phone number though.

Just a shame that today AT&T told us at 9 am that we 'might' get wireless cell coverage working by noon -- TOMORROW.

its a 'network' problem.....
JW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
- Pen stripping is not a biggie.
- Not all cars came wheel well chrome – even on Cordoba's. Now with that said, sense this car has leather seats – I would think this car would have 'em.
- Same goes for the chrome under the doors. That under door trim might be hard to find or to transport.
- Those wheels are factory wheels. They are very heavy and I doubt you could lift one out of the trunk or onto the hub if you had to change a flat (they are that heavy, maybe twice that (if not more) of a normal wheel).
- If the story is true about it running last year then engine might be OK. The question is how correct is that “story”.
- Even the door and dash speakers can be replaced with aftermarket speakers and that would not be a problem. Truth be known, any speakers 40 years old are most likely not going to sound that good.

All of the above items would not stop me from considering that car providing a person could check condition of underneath car and for rust. Even the price seams to be decent.

The only concern I have is the shaved door handles – which is a cool thing for some folk. Its not for me, though. That will take a bit of work to get back to original (if a person wanted to go back to original). If the doors open/close OK, that might not be a deal killer, either.
Again these are all my opinions. Being it is for you (or your better half), it will have to please you, and not me.

By the way, those doors are long. Even longer than those used on 2-door FMJ-body cars - so a person will need plenty of parking space to get into/out of the car on those weekly grocery trips.
BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
My guess is that it's supposed to have all the chrome and it was pulled off when they shaved the door handles and painted it.
It's hard to tell from the pics but the one with the drivers door open looks like the bottom of the door is full of bondo. Can't make out the fold over of the door skin and that is a very common rust spot and shoddy repair method.

Justwondering

Reaction score
It looks like rust / ruddy red at the bottoms of the front quarter panel where it meets the door and back at the rear. But the photos are blurry.
Guy says he doesn't like putting time in on the computer. I just need to call him and discuss it over the phone.

Does give me hope that I will find a decent car one day.

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back