Hi guys! New member, first post! A couple of 318 in an M-body questions :)

NoCar340

Reaction score
Throw a "Canadian" (earlier model) Y-pipe at it and it'll really rip.

My old 5A was exactly what you have: stone-stock exhaust, ThermoQuad, Edelbrock intake and hotter distributor (from a '73 340 I happened to have lying around). The ex-fiancee shocked a lot of people with that car... though the deeper gears definitely helped. I was talking with a friend of mine that actually did the axle swap for me, since I was, uh, on a state-sponsored vacation at the time that was done, and he swears that axle was a 2.94. Either way, it was a much better car all the way around: reliability, performance, and fuel economy.

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
I honestly feel (when it was running great) yesterday that the 2.23 (or somewhere near there) gears aren't even that bad.. Is like WHOAMYGOD acceleration? LOL not even close. It definitely does not struggle to get out of its own way though. I raced a hopped up Duramax pickup from a light and down a highway on-ramp last night, I was ahead the whole time :D Damn its got a lot more power!

Yeah I think the cat-less y-pipe and keeping the single pipe 2.25 back and through a good flowing muffler would do SUPERBLY on this thing. Really wake it up.

Back