How High Will It Go

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Newer vehicles, my 08 Expedition @ 6000 lbs gets 21+ @ 55 mph as high as 24. Daily it runs 15 or so but it's a tool and it pulls my trailers, its rated to 9200 lbs.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I remember back in the early '90's when Ford Motor Companies biggest car, the Lincoln Town Car, got better mileage than their smallest car, the Pinto, got 20 years earlier. Plus, the Town Car would destroy a Pinto in the 1/4 mile, with the A/C on.

I had a '78 Plymouth TC3 for a short time in the early '90's. It had the POS 1.7L VW engine and 3 speed auto. The thing did 0-60 in a blistering 14 seconds and if you were careful, it MIGHT hit 20 mpg and that was without A/C or even a radio, lol.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
As a comparison, a Dodge Challenger Demon is rated at 13 city/22 hwy and will turn a less than 10 second 1/4 mile right out of the showroom.
I would guess the Demon would give most people a really wide smile, for that less than 10 second trip to the gas station, err, grocery store.

That said, there are at least 3 Demon’s in the Oklahoma City area (at least at our car show recently) and I don’t think that either of them is going to racking up mileage in them (one pair is a father/son combo) – to really know what fuel mileage is.
BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
and I was just lamenting the cost of diesel to fill the tractors which probably get 8 mpg dragging mowers and such.

I'm not sure if it is the price per gallon that gets me or the fact it take 65 gallons to fill it up.

2000 silverado gets 12 mpg (4 wheel drive though) and it stays cause it pulls all my 2wd vehicles out of the wet grass and mud

2002 suburban gets 16.2 mpg and it stays cause its the 'bus' to get hubby to and from doctors

1987 fifth avenue -- who knows, i keep forgetting to check the mileage when its running

1962 willys pickup -- doesn't run yet waiting on new fuel tank and brake lines

1977 ford bronco -- next in line and its manual transmission. don't dare take it off the farm cause some nitwit in an EV would probably bash into it

This list causes me concern .... my 'newest' vehicle is 2002 and its 2019 ... hmmmm

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Diesel is pricey here, I think it's something like $3.35/gal. Regular 87 octane has been stuck at $2.89/gal for a couple months now.
Aspen averages 10 mpg on Premium plus a a gallon of 110 race fuel or now, octane booster, since the station with race fuel is now a dark building with a realtor sign where the gas prices used to be posted:( It can be your's for a mere $1.8M, lol.

Dakota with it's stump pulling (not) 3.9L averages a whopping 17 mpg but, the Mustang is a miser at 22 mpg average and feels like it has twice the power of the Dakota with only 0.1 more liter's of displacement.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Gas actually went DOWN a couple days ago. Odd since it's a holiday weekend:eek: Regular is $2.79/gal. Really strange one is diesel. It dropped from $3.35 down to $2.95/gal. Didn't notice what premium is though. Since I haven't been able to drive the Aspen very much so far, it's still got the 3/4 tank from last fall yet.

Back