I Hate Buicks

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I had an 89 Craprice with the 305.
Beat the living piss out of that thing and smoked the tranny.
It was fun....but a complete sh!tbox too.

At least it wasn't one of those damn turd mobile jelly bean Buicks!!

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
My Dad had an '84 Olds Delta 88 LS with a swapped-in L69 305 out of a same-year Z/28. The Olds had been stolen and the drivetrain was gone; the Camaro had met an ugly fate with a tree to the door. I don't know where the rear axle came from, but it was a 3.42 Anti-Spin. That car was a marriage of parts made in Heaven, and a really bad car to let your 16-year-old gearhead kid take unsupervised. Two tons of fun!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My Dad had an '84 Olds Delta 88 LS with a swapped-in L69 305 out of a same-year Z/28. The Olds had been stolen and the drivetrain was gone; the Camaro had met an ugly fate with a tree to the door. I don't know where the rear axle came from, but it was a 3.42 Anti-Spin. That car was a marriage of parts made in Heaven, and a really bad car to let your 16-year-old gearhead kid take unsupervised. Two tons of fun!

That car sounds like fun.
Sometimes those POS cars are a riot to drive.
My Craprice was just that.....crap.
But it was a lot of fun.
I painted it flat black with a roller long before painting your car flat black was cool.....with a chrome skull hood ornament.
Put the fear of God in quite a few asshole import drivers with that thing. :icon_axe:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a fun car but it was hardly a piece of crap. He bought it in early '85, right after his friend (a used-car guy) bought the recovered Olds from an insurance company and went engine shopping. The Olds had 6,000 miles on it and the engine was "similar" but we never got an exact number. Both were '84s, though. My Dad's mechanic was flummoxed by that car for a short time, because it was built with a 307.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
how did they go from this ....
0707phr_04z+1970_buick_gs+front_left_view.jpg

to this.... :icon_hang:
images (1).jpg

0707phr_04z+1970_buick_gs+front_left_view.jpg

images (1).jpg

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
One of my "secret" favourite cars is a mid 1980s Buick LeSabre T-Type, the one with the 3.8L Turbo. It may not be a Grand National or GNX (not to metion a GSX/GS455), but I loved the look of the front end, and the good handling/ride in the one I was in once.

Kostas

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
One of my "secret" favourite cars is a mid 1980s Buick LeSabre T-Type, the one with the 3.8L Turbo. It may not be a Grand National or GNX (not to metion a GSX/GS455), but I loved the look of the front end, and the good handling/ride in the one I was in once.

Kostas

You're semi forgiven Kostas. :angel9:

72Dodge

Reaction score
It's funny, I never noticed this body style of car at all before we got one (Le Sabre, Century, and whatever else they had, all basically same car, just different trim levels and drivetrains). Now that we have one, I realize they are EVERYWHERE. I swear I see three or four of them every mile I drive, and I'm not exaggerating. They must have sold a bajillion of these cheap POS's disguised as quasi-luxury cars. At least I know I will be able to get parts for it forever (assuming it lives another three years), and it's no wonder the scarebird disc brake conversion uses the rotors for this platform application also.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It's funny, I never noticed this body style of car at all before we got one (Le Sabre, Century, and whatever else they had, all basically same car, just different trim levels and drivetrains). Now that we have one, I realize they are EVERYWHERE. I swear I see three or four of them every mile I drive, and I'm not exaggerating. They must have sold a bajillion of these cheap POS's disguised as quasi-luxury cars. At least I know I will be able to get parts for it forever (assuming it lives another three years), and it's no wonder the scarebird disc brake conversion uses the rotors for this platform application also.

No lie....I saw 6 on my way home.
It's a plague....
--- Post updated ---

Damn Buicks.

ramenth

Reaction score
At least he got out of the way.

When I had my shop in Horseheads and lived in Elmira the quickest connecting road was Lake Road. Most of it was 40mph until you got in the city then it dropped down to 30.

I'd get behind people who'd do 30 in the 40 and then slow down to 20 in the 30. They were just doing 30 in the 40! You've just shown you can do 30! There's no reason you can't keep doing 30 in the 30!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
At least he got out of the way.

When I had my shop in Horseheads and lived in Elmira the quickest connecting road was Lake Road. Most of it was 40mph until you got in the city then it dropped down to 30.

I'd get behind people who'd do 30 in the 40 and then slow down to 20 in the 30. They were just doing 30 in the 40! You've just shown you can do 30! There's no reason you can't keep doing 30 in the 30!

It's a Buick thing for sure.......

David Clark

Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA Love the Video. Get the hell out of my way. LOLOL

Only Buics I really liked were the Grand Nationals/Regals and the Old SKylarks. Back in the good old days.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA Love the Video. Get the hell out of my way. LOLOL

Only Buics I really liked were the Grand Nationals/Regals and the Old SKylarks. Back in the good old days.

I like the old ones too.
It's just those damn jelly bean ones I can't stand. I swear they have a governor on them so they constantly drive 10 clicks under the speed limit. :mad:

Aspen500

Reaction score
For whatever reason, the '98-'05 model Buick's seem to hold up very well compared to their GM relatives. We work on them (LeSabre, Century, Park Ave, etc) all the time at work. Probably comes down to the "same year, same miles, different owners" thing even when the first number on the odometer is a 2 (200,000+ miles).

Back