I Hate Buicks

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
I didn't take the ad seriously when I first saw it. Sheer lunacy.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, if it makes all you Buick haters a little more happy ;)
A 2001 Buick Century got dropped off over the weekend. Complaint of overheating and a noise in the engine, worse when cold. On a 3.4L, and especially one with 181,000 miles like this one, the overheating WILL be the headgaskets. The noise? Sounds like pistons trying to swap holes and the cooling system looks like butterscotch pudding (oil in the coolant) and it's actually oozing through all the coolant hoses. Plus, it has no rockers left, the rear fender lips are gone, the bottom of the front fenders,,,,,,,,aren't...........................
How does this make you happy? The owner decided that was the last nail in the coffin. It's going to the great showroom in the sky, lol. One more jellybean off the road, so there:p

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well, if it makes all you Buick haters a little more happy ;)
A 2001 Buick Century got dropped off over the weekend. Complaint of overheating and a noise in the engine, worse when cold. On a 3.4L, and especially one with 181,000 miles like this one, the overheating WILL be the headgaskets. The noise? Sounds like pistons trying to swap holes and the cooling system looks like butterscotch pudding (oil in the coolant) and it's actually oozing through all the coolant hoses. Plus, it has no rockers left, the rear fender lips are gone, the bottom of the front fenders,,,,,,,,aren't...........................
How does this make you happy? The owner decided that was the last nail in the coffin. It's going to the great showroom in the sky, lol. One more jellybean off the road, so there:p

YESSSSSS!!!!! :D

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I got stuck behind one this morning on the drive to work. It was going 10 MPH below the posted speed. I could not pass; it was a double line.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Might be another for ya Captain! 2004 Century came in on the flat bed Friday knocking like a rod is about to come undone. We gave them an estimate to put a used engine in (have done MANY used engine swaps and 99% of the time, the engine is fine). Will they spend $1,500 parts and labor on the car? Maybe, maybe not. They are going to think carefully about it over the weekend.
Will it be scrapped or will it not be scrapped, that is the question. Of course, we'd much rather do the job, obviously.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's a good chance they will fix it. The rest of the car is decent, only the rockers are rotted out. Besides, what are you going to buy for $1,500 to replace it with? Time will tell I guess.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
For the record. Although I think they look like a bad case of Montezuma's revenge on wheels my problem with those rolling buttplugs is the driver more than the car. For some bizarre reason everytime I see one it's doing at least 10 clicksunder the speed limit. Anywhere! City. Highway. Doesn't matter. Strangest thing.

Are the speedometers on those damn things set 10 points higher?????

Damn Buicks.

Aspen500

Reaction score
No, the speedo's are fine. It's the type and age of the typical driver more than anything. However, I've never noticed any of the millions of jelly bean Buicks around here going 10 under. They may accelerate leisurely but always up to the speed limit it seems. Around here the "10 under" is usually something like a Cadillac DeVille with 2 nice little old ladies inside or, for some reason, Ford Fiesta's. Neither of those cars seem to have turn signals either.

Aspen500

Reaction score
For the most part, the majority of people in this area actually use signals for entering/exiting the freeway, changing lanes and making turns. What we get are people that are too ignorant, lazy, stupid or absent minded to turn on their headlights in rain, snow, and fog. Nothing like having a gray car suddenly appear out of nowhere in the oncoming lane in a blizzard when you're about to make a left turn or pull out into traffic. TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON MORON'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some must think "I've got DRL's so why do I need to turn my lights on?" Do they not know DRL's don't turn the taillights on also????

Back