I Hate My Power Steering!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the factory steering gears were right on the money when cars were brand new and felt wonderful. The other (not sure of the exact number, but lets say) 95% of the other steering gears were loose a goose when new - which only got worse over time.

Steer-N-Gear and FFI are the only two places I know of who can get these gears set up right. Most of all of the other places that rebuild gears = a steering gear only marginally better (ie: wasted money $$$).
That said, Borgeson has taken a newer design and adapted to fit our cars - so I feel means a better end product (and less weight to boot).

I have no first hand dealings with Steer-N-Gear or Borgeson but heard nothing but good things from both of them. I have had dealings with FFI - which good so far.
I plan on getting a Borgeson when I get 'nuff money, but that is getting harder to do, now days.
BudW

Duke5A

Reaction score
Wow , if you are going through all this mess have you heard of a company called Steer N Gear? Check out their catalog. I'm not advertising for them I have a stage 2 gear but wish I went all the way with the firmest gear. It's a tad better than an AHB steering box. I'm quite satisfied with it. Chrysler Online Catalog | steerandgear

I've used them before and their rebuilds are quality units, but the slop is always there at 12 o' clock. Doesn't matter who rebuilds the factory style box.

Back