Introducing New Member: Davesmopar

Davesmopar

Reaction score
I have owned many mopars including 3 fbodys. Including the 76 RR that I still have since 1987....

Davesmopar

Reaction score
Thanks.... it was an original 318 floor console that I bought from a family friend in 87.... I built a Little Red Express spec 360 with ported and polished J heads, intake and BB TQ..... modified a904 and then when emissions hit middle Tn I stored it in the garage, plus family happened, 22 years....

I as of February of this year slowly getting it ready for the road.... with a few upgrades in the works...

Davesmopar

Reaction score
TF3 full manual conversion,8 3/4 sure grip 3.90(1).....

Have a Mega shifter for it but really don't want to cut the shifter bracket....

Get the Gremlin out of the carburetor and charging system.....

Once able to be driven, pick out wheels and tires....

Davesmopar

Reaction score
That's why I was trying to send you a video.... it's overcharging... I bypassed the entire voltage regulator wiring and straight wired it to the battery and alternator and still overcharging.....

Davesmopar

Reaction score
I've tried 5 different voltage regulators from different companies including an adjustable one and same issue....

Davesmopar

Reaction score
Replace both rectifier Bridges and capacitor on a NOS alternator I had on the car, as well as sending out to me alternator repair shop did the test on it and everything tested good, then I replaced alternator what's same results

XfbodyX

Reaction score
There isnt really anything in the harness that could jack ya if all is grounded and you have the proper wires on the alt. Hmmm.

I had one that would overcharge but I cant recall the fix, but boy were the headlights bright.

Davesmopar

Reaction score
I need to find somebody with a known good working charging system, to let me send my voltage regulators to test on their car, possibly send me one of their to see if it'll work on mine

Back