J Body Snub

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
I go to a number of shows every year but rarely put the Mirada in, just 3 times in 21 years, twice this summer to a couple cruise nights. But that is not why I have the car, I enjoy long drives in it, pull the T-Tops and go.
A couple years ago at a show I ran across a fellow with a '55 Dodge sedan that had a 318 and M body front suspension, struck up a conversation with him where as I also have a '55 Chrysler Windsor and wanted to see how he did the front end swap. During the conversation he mentioned he also had a '79 300, I said 'cool, I have an '80 Mirada with the same 360 4bbl' , his response was "that would be a perfect donor car for the '55 Chrysler. " At which point I just walked away, low tolerance for stupid people.
Why? Why does it have to be like that? If someone has blood, sweat, and tears into building their ride and they are loving it and wanting to talk about it, seems only right that everyone should listen until it's time to talk about theirs...and im not talking about the ones bought with huge personal check....we already know that story. I'll sit and listen to someone talking about their Mercury Zephyr for an hour because i already know finding parts is nearly impossible and its not exactly everybody's idea of cool, but it lived to drive another mile thanks to whomever chose that car. I guess every new generation of car experiences snubbing because its not as good as the early cars to some, but to me, they are all awesome and worth talking about. Maybe we could get a bunch of t shirts made like "J Cars Matter" I'll just bet that you will get into some kind of conversation...HA!

marko

Reaction score
wait, what, theres no r bodies only website ??
this gets even less respect than my t-top mirada at shows

20160811_202436-2-1.jpg

mirada80

Reaction score
I am drawn to the odd cars at shows, ones that you never see any more, may not be rare, or overly special but something different.
I would never suggest some one part out their car they put time and money into, and was quite irked when it was suggested to me.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
...And then there are those poor fols who own a New Yorker C Body that was made in the early 90's. There is really new web site for them. Why Chrysler reused a letter, and slapped it onto a front drive platform was beyond me.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
...And then there are those poor fols who own a New Yorker C Body that was made in the early 90's. There is really new web site for them. Why Chrysler reused a letter, and slapped it onto a front drive platform was beyond me.

When I tell people that I have a Lebaron, Their mind instantly goes to the FWD version.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Most car shows have moved away from the wrenchers and now have the check bookers.
Main reason new Mopars and other makes show up at classic car shows.

When I was young, car shows got ridiculous with all chrome motors that where hollow.
Looked real nice, but not going anyplace.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Is the irony lost on us when on when hand we say we're not happy that the old-guard doesn't like our cars at their shows, and then on the very same hand we grouse that we don't like it when the new Challengers and Chargers are there? I say bring it on! I'm a member of a car club where people bring new and old cars. One member has a 2016 ATS-V while the oldest I've seen to date is a 1926 Imperial. Hey, any car-weirdness, and I'm in. I actually like Jay Leno's show because he is all-over-the map on what cars he features. On his CNBC show, he did a bit on the low-rider with hydraulics thing. It's not my thing, and I don't think it was Jay's thing --- but he did give the group, their cars, and the energy involved the respect it deserves. The editorial board at Hemming's has noted a lot that the demographic of the hobby is greying. Disrespecting this or that car does nothing to get more people into the hobby.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
No one liked F's at car shows in the 80's and early 90's, including Moparfest.

I personally believe only the retarded bring new cars to classic car shows.
Same people who want bring cats to dog shows because the cat is wearing a cute hat.

Same brain dead that stops at Walmart to get something for the Antiques Roadshow.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Cordoba1,,,,,,,excellent point! At a show, it doesn't matter much to me what make, model or year a car is. This is extreme but,,,,,,,,if someone brought a perfectly restored '84 Toyota Camry to a show, I'm fine with that. Bring the same '84 Camry except all rotted out with a trashed interior? Absolutley NOT. You get my point.

Dr Lebaron, the only thing the brain dead person did is to go to Walmart in the first place, lol! Man that place makes me cringe,,,,,just thinking about it (which is why I never, ever go there).

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
If I want to see new cars on display, I'll go to the dealer.

And the guy with the perfectly restored '84 Toyota Camry gets dejected because new cars are hogging the spots.

80mirada

Reaction score
The first car show I ever entered was Mopars on the Mississippi, in Dubuque IA. They have had an F-body class since the second year. The next time I entered a car it was a brand new SRT4 in 2004. So I must be one of those brain dead check writers.

Personally, I have no problem with there being modern cars at a show, if it is a Mopar show, all MOPARs should be allowed. There is too much asshole bigotry in this f**king hobby to begin with to be a dick to someone just because they have a new ride. Most of the "check writers" have "proper" muscle cars and all but a few of the late model guys I know ACTUALLY do their own work (the ones who don't keep the one that do well fed and stocked with good beer).

So if my "new" car at a show offended you, get over your fu**ing self

Last edited by a moderator:

Cordoba1

Reaction score
And that's why I don't do the car shows anymore.
People who can't grasp the concept of 'classic cars'.

I think it's worth making the distinction in the title of the show, and what is expected. I mean, I’m not going to bring my Slant 6 Cordoba to a show that’s titled “Mopar Muscle.” I’d drive it too the show, but I wouldn’t display it. But if the show is relatively open; and you enjoy showing it off; bring it on over! I do not see the harm. This thread is dripping with irony!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
And then there's the R bodies...they have nowhere to turn! The only Mopar body designation without a website. There's for abodiesonly, B,C,E, F.M,J...but no R.

I guess that's because it was such a limited run. But I feel the same way.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I go to a number of shows every year but rarely put the Mirada in, just 3 times in 21 years, twice this summer to a couple cruise nights. But that is not why I have the car, I enjoy long drives in it, pull the T-Tops and go.
A couple years ago at a show I ran across a fellow with a '55 Dodge sedan that had a 318 and M body front suspension, struck up a conversation with him where as I also have a '55 Chrysler Windsor and wanted to see how he did the front end swap. During the conversation he mentioned he also had a '79 300, I said 'cool, I have an '80 Mirada with the same 360 4bbl' , his response was "that would be a perfect donor car for the '55 Chrysler. " At which point I just walked away, low tolerance for stupid people.

Can't fix stupid.......

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The first car show I ever entered was Mopars on the Mississippi, in Dubuque IA. They have had an F-body class since the second year. The next time I entered a car it was a brand new SRT4 in 2004. So I must be one of those brain dead check writers.

Personally, I have no problem with there being modern cars at a show, if it is a Mopar show, all MOPARs should be allowed. There is too much asshole bigotry in this f**king hobby to begin with to be a dick to someone just because they have a new ride. Most of the "check writers" have "proper" muscle cars and all but a few of the late model guys I know ACTUALLY do their own work (the ones who don't keep the one that do well fed and stocked with good beer).

So if my "new" car at a show offended you, get over your fu**ing self

Point taken but please mind the language. Thank you.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I think it's worth making the distinction in the title of the show, and what is expected. I mean, I’m not going to bring my Slant 6 Cordoba to a show that’s titled “Mopar Muscle.” I’d drive it too the show, but I wouldn’t display it. But if the show is relatively open; and you enjoy showing it off; bring it on over! I do not see the harm. This thread is dripping with irony!

Indeed!!!

If I'm at a Mopar show I don't care what year Mopar is there. But what ticks me off is.....if it's a "classic" Mopar show don't push the classics to the back to make room for brand new rides.

That being said I've been to shows where it was simply a Mopar show and then as 80mirada stated. Bring them all on.

80mirada

Reaction score
Sorry about the language.

Very few shows are era specific. The is idea that someone shouldn't be allowed to show a car because it is too new, only a \6, an F-body, or FWD is as ignorant as any other bigotry. If you treat the young guy with a new Charger like poop, you have no ground to be mad that the guys with the old Chargers that treated you like poop.

Back