J Body Snub

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
IMHO,people who bring new cars to car show are as useless as the idiots who bring their dogs.
At least Moparfest has no dogs and limits new stuff.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry about the language.

Very few shows are era specific. The is idea that someone shouldn't be allowed to show a car because it is too new, only a \6, an F-body, or FWD is as ignorant as any other bigotry. If you treat the young guy with a new Charger like poop, you have no ground to be mad that the guys with the old Chargers that treated you like poop.

(You can say shit.....it's just the F bomb we should avoid :D)

My particular point was if you're going to what's advertised as a "Classic Car Show" then I think it's a little odd to see a 2015 Challenger roll in......however I've seen lots of "Mopar" shows with no age suggested and in that case a Mopar is a Mopar to me. Ultimately I don't care and I certainly don't snub. The only situations that have ever rubbed me the wrong way was being at supposed classic Mopar shows where say F's, M's and J's were turfed in the far back rows and brand spankin new Dodge Journey's were front and center. But those shows were at dealerships so no huge surprise. Like I said......a Mopar is a Mopar to me and I won't snub anybody's ride.

IMHO,people who bring new cars to car show are as useless as the idiots who bring their dogs.
At least Moparfest has no dogs and limits new stuff.

But excluding a specifically labeled classic car show isn't that the same bigotry that people complain about?

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
If one was to bring a new car to a car show, at least have something interesting like a built 'body in white' or a newer Magnum with a Hellcat swap and not just something off the dealer lot.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
If one was to bring a new car to a car show, at least have something interesting like a built 'body in white' or a newer Magnum with a Hellcat swap and not just something off the dealer lot.

But technically speaking isn't your Lebaron pretty much right off the dealer lot in 78 except for the wheels?

I've been to shows that were strictly for classics and they tell you up front 88 and older. In that situation yes....I see your beef. In all Mopar shows a Mopar is a Mopar as far as I'm concerned.
Ultimately everyone has an opinion on this which is why car shows have rules for entries. If no rules are broken then the rest is just personal opinion really.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I am shocked,,,, shocked,,,,
I'm bringing this 87 chrysler back into the living and you think this is a hobby?

Promise me that if meet my husband, just tell him that its a wonderful way to lower labor/mechanic expenses. Very frugal. Learning science. Learning about electrical. Radio.... etc.

Its advanced education... not a hobby. (LMAO) spin, spin, spin

4speedjim

Reaction score
I was raised New car Prepping F M & J bodys. Learned to wash & buff paint standing on an upturned bucket to reach the roofs of countless $100 back row A,B,C & E bodies riddled with Buffalo cancer. I couldn't be trusted to move the cars at that age, so the 2 night lot guys took me out smokin... Tires. I was hooked deep. I watched land yachts big blocks chrome bumpers and RWD vanish as I heard customers protest in our small 20 employee dealership. Little Ma MoPar and our little store ebbed and flowed from bankruptcy the 44 years we where C,P,D+ AMC Jeep & Renault. Weather hangin' on by fingernails or white knuckles, we are all brothers of a small family. We all bleed the blood and praise the virtues of Mother MoPar. Give ignorance & arrogance a break. We are all one fine family.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I was raised New car Prepping F M & J bodys. Learned to wash & buff paint standing on an upturned bucket to reach the roofs of countless $100 back row A,B,C & E bodies riddled with Buffalo cancer. I couldn't be trusted to move the cars at that age, so the 2 night lot guys took me out smokin... Tires. I was hooked deep. I watched land yachts big blocks chrome bumpers and RWD vanish as I heard customers protest in our small 20 employee dealership. Little Ma MoPar and our little store ebbed and flowed from bankruptcy the 44 years we where C,P,D+ AMC Jeep & Renault. Weather hangin' on by fingernails or white knuckles, we are all brothers of a small family. We all bleed the blood and praise the virtues of Mother MoPar. Give ignorance & arrogance a break. We are all one fine family.

VERY well said.

80mirada

Reaction score

Amen, brother. Welcome aboard

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Looking for J body friends in Phoenix area new to Az and really need some Mopar contacts & friends..

Rustyroger

Reaction score
It's the same in the UK, and I suspect the world over.
Want to buy a "Cool" image?, get out your checkbook and stump up lots of money for an E Type Jaguar, (XKE to North America), or a Lotus Cortina, a Mini Cooper S, or one of a select few ultra desirables. The old car hobbyists of more modest means choose to cherish and restore more ordinary fare.
Right now old American pick up trucks are commanding ridiculous prices over here, a while ago Mopar Muscle was the car to be seen in, who knows what will be the next desirable?.
There was a time you couldn't give away an Edsel, or a 1959 Cadillac, after the 1973 oil crunch anything with a big block under the hood plummeted in value. Try picking a good example for cheap now!.
And for those who look down their nose at anyone turning up in something not stratospherically priced, walk on by, go talk to someone who has put time and effort on a limited budget to bring their pride and joy to a show. You will find it mostly a very rewarding experience, and all parties involved will leave the show thinking "Hey!, I had a great time and met some real nice people today".

Roger.

Rustyroger

Reaction score
What year and make trucks?
Do you have examples of prices? (you can use your local currency)
BudW

Take a look at ebay uk, look up classic American cars and it should take you to American Cars and Trucks for sale. Some of the asking (buy it now) prices are fantasy, but watch a few nearing the end of auction and check later to soo what the winning bids were.
I'll have a look later and quote some specific examples.

Roger.

barbee6043

Reaction score
an interesting topic. I am new to the F body, but have had many A,B,E bodies since mid 80's. lived in Mo almost 40 yrs but moved South few months back. I personally love to learn about cars I have never had before, and I love the look of the F body. thus I grabbed a very original rust free example for my new toy. yes these later car are muchly ignored in general by the Mopar crowd. but funny how when on my 4 hr drive back with the F body, he 2 times I stopped for fuel I had many nice comments and thumbs up.
I have never once entered a car in a show but I enjoy going to a Mopar show and seeing and meeting new people, seeing old friends, ... looking at the cars. but I love talking to "real" car guys, that love their car, even if a "work in progress".. for example, maybe a n A body slant car. nothing so called rare but a car the guy LOVES!!!!
I am not drawn to the rare d esirable stuff anymore. been there , done it.... OR the person that pays for ALL his work. I pay for work I am not confident doing. do all the rest because I can't afford to pay for it done, nor do I want to either.....

Back