J Windshields

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Maybe just maybe there IS hope...now if Walker get THEIR act together and some parts become obtained...

Bruceynz

Reaction score
So how does it happen, I mean these screens have been unavailable, the insurance company don't want to be writing off cars for a stone chip or cracked screen. I dunno what the insurance value of a Cordoba or Imperial is in USA, but to replace a screen is cheaper than a car so is it the insurance companies that put the pressure on screen makers to make screens for our cars?

Joe12459

Reaction score
So here's a happy update. A week ago last weekend, a rock chipped my Mirada windshield. I filled the chip with resin, but I'm sure it will eventually spread. I have two NOS windshields that I bought some time ago, so I wasn't too concerned, but I figured I may as well order a brand new Pilkington windshield, if/while they're still available. I checked Summit by part number, and they still listed these windshields, and said they're drop shipped from the manufacturer. The price was $89.99 plus shipping and a $ 9.99 handling fee. Summit also offers free shipping on any order over $100.00. I was sure the price was a misprint, but I figured it was worth a try, so I ordered two. My card was charged $199.96, and the tracking info just said"shipped from manufacturer". Again, I just figured I would eventually be notified that something wasn't right with my order. Last night, UPS called and said they were delivering auto glass today. I came home after work today and my angry wife pointed to a big crate with two windshields in it! They look great. For that price, I might order two more!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful news!
I came home after work today and my angry wife pointed to a big crate with two windshields in it!
At least you will have a couple of (clear) layers of defense if she starts to toss projectiles at you.
BudW

Back