July 20 1969

Aspen500

Reaction score
I remember watching the first moon landing on TV. I was 5 1/2 years old and we were watching it on a B/W TV (got color about a year later). By we I mean me, my parents and my brother.

Funny how people, and I include myself, look back on an era such as the '70's for example and think how good it was. In some ways it's true but we also forget about Vietnam still going on, double digit inflation, gas shortages and rationing as the price kept going up, high interest rates, etc, etc, etc. When we moved here to Wisconsin in 1975 my dad says they had a 14% mortgage interest rate and that was the LOW rate for people like he and my mother with perfect credit. What about also things like NYC going bankrupt? Can't forget the garbage strike of '77. Infrastructure was allowed to fall apart from lack of money for maintenance, the quality of most every product kept getting lower and lower..............................We're still feeling the effects of it all yet today. Not meaning to be political but the government is seemingly doing everything in it's power to bring back the economic decline of the '70's all over again.
Rant all done,,,,,,for now:D

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm always amazed (disgusted) by how fast and easily people will believe....anything without checking it out for themselves. I've had so many debates with people who are clueless as to how things really were or really happened.

But hey.......Wikipedia said it happened like "this" so it must be true right?

Darth-Car

Reaction score
...And Herb Tarlek was sure he was a babe magnet driving his Chrysler Cordoba. Now that was the 70's!
upload_2016-7-24_20-24-54.jpeg

DCAspen

Reaction score
Slant six Billy would be a babe magnet in that outfit.

Aspen500

Reaction score
You know what? I used to look forward to the future and what it might bring. Not so much anymore, because now I've seen what it brought and I'm not impressed.

You will all be assimilated into the Borg collective. You will all think alike, you will all dress alike, you will serve only the Borg Queen. I'll leave you to decide who I'm mean when I say "Borg Queen". Resistance is futile.:(

Justwondering

Reaction score
galaxy quest...
eventually we will find out that what we think is fake is real and all have a good laugh about the future

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You know what? I used to look forward to the future and what it might bring. Not so much anymore, because now I've seen what it brought and I'm not impressed.

You will all be assimilated into the Borg collective. You will all think alike, you will all dress alike, you will serve only the Borg Queen. I'll leave you to decide who I'm mean when I say "Borg Queen". Resistance is futile.:(

Borg Queen or Chairman of the Borg?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Is there really a difference between the two?
Yeah, we're screwed no matter which we get.

To think the computer I'm sitting at has more computing power than the lunar lander and mission control had combined back in the '60's, it's amazing the astronauts made it there and back with pretty much no trouble (far as we know anyways) and little miss selfie with all her so called "smart devices" probably can't multiply 2 x 2 without an app on said phone. Sad.........................

slant6billy

Reaction score
Well,,,,,they do tend to be a bit um,,,,,"unique" there in New Jersey:D
ZOOTSUITMOFO.jpg

And the platform shoes too. I wear them and I am almost 5 foot 4... thus get to go on the big kid rides. Can't smoke in this... between the hair lotion and suit , it be a fire hazard

Back