lets see them j bods

mopar guy

Reaction score
Tell me about that window in the side-rear.
Did you increase the size or did it come like that?

I ask because my fifth avenue has 'pillows' in there and a fiberglass bonnet over it covered in vinyl. Blind spot[/QUOTE
The body is stock as it was when it came from the plant with the exception of the hood scoop which came off a 80s K car.

mopar guy

Reaction score
It has a factory sunroof , with bucket seats , & floor shift . The motor is a 400 bored & stroked to 502 . The tranny is 727 with a manual valve body , a 3500 stall , 8 3/4 rearend with 4:11 gears & Superstock springs !

Justwondering

Reaction score
gulp...
well..
I don't speak in tongues yet; but it sounds very impressive. Next time I drive through missouri I expect a ride around the block.
Just realize, I haven't left Texas in the past 5 years.... so it may be awhile before I get through there again. ;)

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Tell me about that window in the side-rear.
Did you increase the size or did it come like that?

I ask because my fifth avenue has 'pillows' in there and a fiberglass bonnet over it covered in vinyl. Blind spot

That is THE standard (by THE I mean that all Miradas/Cordobas start that way) roofline for Miradas and Cordobas. They cover up the rear side windows on the outside when a "Faux Convertible" vinyl top is ordered. On the inside, there are blocking off plates (one on each side) that are the size and shape of the window opening, just upholstered on the inside to match the interior. I don't know how hard it is to get them off (I've never tried), so I can't say if they are just a friction fit, or there is something holding them in. The rear side window glass is supposed to be there on all the Miradas/Cordobas, even on cars that have them covered up.

I don't know if that is the case with the Fifths. The Fifths are 4 doors, the Miradas/Cordobas are 2 doors.

I do notice how much darker the interior on a Mirada is when the rear side windows are covered up. Very significant blind spot, too.

mopar guy

Reaction score
I still need to have frame connecters installed & invest in a nice pair of slicks , then off to the track I go . I have Mickey Thompson Street radials 28 x12R15 on the rear & it smokes them . I built a street car & it's evolving into something else . I will post a video once I take it to the track !

Joe12459

Reaction score
83 Hemi Mirada R/T

hemiMIRADA.jpg

MiradaHemi.jpg

IMG_20150705_120527814.jpg

IMG_20150705_120455181.jpg

Joe12459

Reaction score
I really like your Mirada , how long did it take to build & did you retain you retain any of your stock suspension ?
The actual build took about a year, but I had the car for about 8 years before that. It was originally a slant six car, and it was already painted this way when I got it. The entire suspension is upgraded, using an RMS front suspension with Wilwood brakes, and out back a B body 8 3/4 rear, shock mounts and KYB shocks, new 5 leaf springs and disc brake conversion. All of the other running gear, interior, electrical, etc is 08 Charger stuff.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Some pictures of the inside of my 1981 Mirada CMX (justwondering may find the pictures of the insde part of the sail panels of interest). Compare the rear sail area with the one of the Cordoba on thei first page of this thread. Back seat area first:

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

Last edited:

moreada

Reaction score
Looking good kkritsilas! I was hoping to get mine looking like that again, but have decided to abandon that idea and go a different direction. Can't compete with that anyways!

Back