Here's what mine looks like now.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

1011121726a.jpg

1011121726.jpg

FMJ Bob

Reaction score
No its not on the road yet. I have owned it for a few years & I have so many projects & I have a race car in addition to parting out C bodys I just have not got to it yet. It runs, but the engine knocks. Intersting story on this car. A friends brother told me about it. It was sitting in the front yard for sale in the next town over. So I drove over to see it & the guy let me drive it. It ran poorly, but did go down the road. I got about 2 miles away & the oil psi light came on. And it started rattling the lifters. So I quickly turned arond & drove it back worried the guy may think I messed up the engine. When I got back he could hear it was ticking loud & just smiled & said yea I think it needs a oil sender. I politely told him that a new sender would not fix this & now certain he was aware of this problem I got bold & offered him $700.00 He disagreed & yada yada yada & stuck to his asking price of $1500.00. Told him I couldn't do that & left thinking what a nut. Thinking I would keep up witht the car & reoffer in a month of so. Well my friend told me a week later it was gone? So I figured he sold it. Well 2 years later it poped up on C list for $400.00 about 40 miles away in another town. So I called the # & the young colledge kid told me the engine was knocking, but was told it needed an oil sender. So he installed a new one & it was still knocking. I told him I would be right over. Got there paid him cash & brought her home. I have since sourced a set of B body cop car wheels & also a set of turbines for it. Not sure which if either I will use. I also got a pair of matching bucket seats ( whats the chances of that) for it. However the drivers is torn bad. I dont like the way the stock bench sits. I plan on a 360 mild & maybe a A518 tranny. I got a 440 D150 I almost have ready for the road so the dip will get her turn in the shop late winter 2014/15 with fingers crossed!!! I guess she was meant to be mine. I really do like this body style & I like the color combo. I stuck the drag slicks on it just for fun. It looks kinda cool. My buddys want me to race it....LOL

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I bought mine for $400 too...
That was a long time and money ago.
Funny how there seems to be two camps on that body style.
Love it or hate it.....me I love them.
But I've heard people call the boat tail ugly....

It was meant to be that you got it.
Keep us or me in general posted on it's progress
And more pics too please....

FMJ Bob

Reaction score
I will keep you posted as I do things. I have had nothing but positive remarks so far. Many folks say the front looks like a period Malibu & the rear reminds them of a period Monte. I like this size car the best. Not too small, not too big. And V8 power fits nicely. I was reading the big block threads & decided I didn't want to go that route. I think a mild warmed over 360 will be pleanty & offer the best combo of ride, handling, power, economy, ease to work on. I do want to drive it. It wont be a show queen, but I hope to make it nice. BTW yours looks pretty darn good too! I like that color on yours!

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
them are some big meats out back
and I agree on your decision to keep it a small block...a hot lil stroker would be killer in it

FMJ Bob

Reaction score
Yea I was kinda surprised at how well it looked. Those are just some wore out slicks I took off my drag car. They fit too. I also found & bought a 66/67 B body 8 3/4 rear which is slightly wider. Plan to use it to beef up the power from the 360. So then I will determine which wheels I can use. I basically have everything I need to get a real good start on it except the time to do it. This winter I will lock myself in the shop & not come out till its done....LOL

Back