rearview mirror (maybe auto-dimming),
gas tank (done),
image.jpg

some new floats,
radio (maybe, eventually),
rear speakers (prefer 6x8s, if they'll fit),
wood steering wheel (walnut grain, if I can find one),
sequential turn signals (just for a laugh),
subs/amps (depends on what I can do with the paint/body and trunk rattle, I already have them, would need to do wiring, and build a box to fit).
touring shocks (not in a hurry on this, the ones on there still work well enough)
headliner (I like the faux bearskin as an idea, I don't know about how it would be in reality, maybe a switch to black would be nice though)

longer term/project level stuff;
(this falls into the "I haven't made up my mind about" dept. so there's a lot more either or, and one choice begets the next etc..);
motor swap, (soup up the 318)(get a 360 to build up/sell the 318) those two options would probably involve a rear end swap.
or magnum/overdrive tranny swap, (that's a bit trickier, but for highway mileage for 10+ hour trips, and ability to run modern gas, might be worth it..),
rims, (not sure what size/width/backspacing/style/etc..)
adjust stance (that goes with style, and what wheels and tire sizes I'd end up with)

image.jpg

Last edited:

Monkeyed

Reaction score
My wish list is far too long...
But initially....new exhaust and rubber for the Fifth.

I know what you mean, it helps me stay focused if I write it down. It gets it off my mind so I can concentrate on the how, rather than the what. kind of drives my wife up the wall, I have lists all over the place, with half the stuff crossed off. :laughing7:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I know what you mean, it helps me stay focused if I write it down. It gets it off my mind so I can concentrate on the how, rather than the what. kind of drives my wife up the wall, I have lists all over the place, with half the stuff crossed off. :laughing7:

At least you've got half checked off.
I'm just stockpiling parts so I can start the madness..
Lots of work ahead for me.....

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Yup I got lists all over too
I would love to add sequentials to my 5th ave and coupe

saw a couple universal kits on fleabay that looked overly complicated, but there also were a couple for earlier mustangs that cost a little more and had extra parts, but looked easier to adapt to work.

JSALeBaron

Reaction score
For a 79 LeBaron Coupe-
Buckets and a console
New windshield
LeBaron fender badges
Chrome the bumpers
Chrysler trunk letters.

gporeilly

Reaction score
Yup I got lists all over too
I would love to add sequentials to my 5th ave and coupe

I purchased a sequential kit for my 1988 Fifth from webelectricproducts.com and extremely pleased with result. Fairly simple to install and works perfectly with automatic self adjusting timing so no adjustments to be made. I swapped out one of the light sockets on each side per the recommendation in the instructions so now I have the 3 lights in each taillight assembly sequential rather than just the two for a much better and truer sequential effect.
I also added the Brake Pulse module they offered for the back window brake light which only took a minute to install.
Lots of compliments !!!

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the only way you can post a video is if it's hosted.
As in YouTube or the likes and then you copy and paste the URL.

gporeilly

Reaction score
Thanks.... did you see the video of the hazard lights posted previously ??

I was extremely pleased with the results with tons of compliments around town and at the show & shines. The brake pulse module I installed allows the back window brake to flash rapidly 3 times and then stays on steady. It even has a delay built in with a 15 sec reset time as not to drive the car behind you in city traffic crazy from constantly applying brakes.

Back