M-body "wish" list

gporeilly

Reaction score
Some could view the SIGNAL LIGHT video but were having problems viewing the HAZZARD LIGHTS video... but should be ok now if anyone wants to scroll back for a better look of both the hazard lights sequential for the full effect.....

lowbudget

Reaction score
I purchased a sequential kit for my 1988 Fifth from webelectricproducts.com and extremely pleased with result. Fairly simple to install and works perfectly with automatic self adjusting timing so no adjustments to be made. I swapped out one of the light sockets on each side per the recommendation in the instructions so now I have the 3 lights in each taillight assembly sequential rather than just the two for a much better and truer sequential effect.
I also added the Brake Pulse module they offered for the back window brake light which only took a minute to install.
Lots of compliments !!!

Did order the 3 light universal kit? Thanks Mike

gporeilly

Reaction score
Glad to be of help Mike.....now all you have to do while you wait for your delivery is to swap out the one socket on each side so you will have the three bulbs sequential and be all ready to install.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I won't get to it til next days off. As I fly out Monday and Friday, Saturday and Sunday I'm going to be cruising in the Fifth.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Glad to be of help Mike.....now all you have to do while you wait for your delivery is to swap out the one socket on each side so you will have the three bulbs sequential and be all ready to install.

Is that something that can be done with the wiring, or does the socket have to be replaced?

I see rockauto has different "tail light sockets" than "turn signal sockets" but doesn't indicate if they're front or rear, does anyone know if they are the same front to back?

gporeilly

Reaction score
You have to replace the socket with a 3 wire one.... Was 3 years ago and can't remember if I picked mine up from local Chrysler dealer or EvilBay for a couple of $ ea.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
You have to replace the socket with a 3 wire one.... Was 3 years ago and can't remember if I picked mine up from local Chrysler dealer or EvilBay for a couple of $ ea.

yeah,, they have the three wire ones at rock for three something. is it the same for the front? I saw they also have 2 light sequential kits

Monkeyed

Reaction score
debating what (excuse the pun) direction to go with the steering wheel.. I found a few different grant walnot ones, but they also have some cool (imo) chain ones.. it's definitely the centerpiece of any build, and dramatically changes the atmosphere of the car. the chain wheel would go well with a nasty 390, for sure. on the other extreme, the wood one would lend an air of dignity to a smooth running overdriven injected magnum 360.. such a simple thing, but a pivotal point..

well, that is, after I figure out where all the fluid for the front master cylinder resovoir has scampered off to...

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I put this grant wheel in my 5th ave
It was originally woodgrain, but didn't like woodgrain in my car and painted it all to look like marble

partsnstuff012.jpg

partsnstuff013.jpg

Monkeyed

Reaction score

After looking at mine (I post pics when I get a chance), I think I'm going to add a pin to make the socket 3 wire. the mount for the outside lamps are push in, instead of the twist and pull style of the inboard ones. BUT they already have same 1157 bulb, and a hole to run a second wire. just have to find something to use for the terminsl that will allow both points on the bottom of the bulb to make contact at the same time. Might see what they have at Radio Shack. Plan B is to just solder a wire to a nail...

gporeilly

Reaction score
Is it worth your trouble to try and modify the sockets and take a chance of them breaking down ??
You only need 2 and they're only a couple of bucks ea. ... JMHO

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Is it worth your trouble to try and modify the sockets and take a chance of them breaking down ??
You only need 2 and they're only a couple of bucks ea. ... JMHO

I'll have to take some pics when I get home. The 3 wire sockets I found aren't mechanically compatible with the lense housing. As in the 2 wire sockets are a different design, from what I can see. I'll take another look, but I'm not seeing how the 3 wire socket will plug into the opening for the 2 wire one. does that make sense?

Monkeyed

Reaction score
The 3 wire socket is on the top, and the 2 wire is on the bottom, kind of hard to tell in this pic, but they're different. Maybe they're the same as each other on yours?
image.jpg

inside my 2wire there's a blank hole that can be made to convert it to a 3 wire

image.jpg

here's a slightly different angle.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I jammed some pioneer 4way 4x6s in my rear deck last night, just an fyi they will not fit without some hogging out of the openings. I just used my die grinder and basically friction melted about a quarter of an inch from one side and drilled some new holes for the mounting screws.

off to go compare chain steering wheel with a wood grain one. I like the bad@ss factor of the chain one, and the fact that I'd have some room for my legs, but can't deny the classy appeal of the wood grain.....

Back