Movie Night

JerryH

Reaction score
I think my favorite movie of all time is "The Ugly Truth".

Then again I've always been a big fan of Star Wars. James Cameron's Avatar is one of the greatest too.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Must be good if you both like it. I'll see if I can find it on netflix and watch it with my better half. Will let you know.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It was Starz free preview weekend and I watched the 1st 30 minutes of the Ghosusters remake. Why didn't I watch the whole movie? Well, it's horrible and couldn't take anymore of it :eek:. If you were going to rent it or whatever, save your money .(JMO).

Justwondering

Reaction score
Watched an interesting movie this weekend..
Me Before You
I was surprised for a couple of reasons... it was not preaching politics, it had no big explosions, there was very little computer generated graphics, the acting and chemistry of the two leads seemed real and believable, good tunes selected for music, and dialogue was vibrant and realistic.

Its more a chick flick, but not some crazy, dumb blonde romance.
Very thought provoking on life and end of life....

Justwondering

Reaction score
Its raining, slow then fast, then drizzle, then rain. bleh
Can't even burn my burn piles.

Flippin channels on tv instead of cleaning up the papers and clutter.
Yep, Magnum Force is on.

Mildly interested in the young Clint Eastwood, but the remarkable thing is the cars...
now how did I miss all those big beasts the first time I watched this movie??

Oh my 1972 Fort LTD Convertible
1971 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado
1972 Ford Custom 500
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Super Sport Convertible

IMCDb.org: "Magnum Force, 1973": cars, bikes, trucks and other vehicles

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yesterday was a 007 marathon on BBCA. Dr. No, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice and From Russia With Love. If they'd have tossed Thunderball in as well, would have been perfect! Only downside on BBCA is there's commercials but you can't have everything, right?
What else are you going to do when it's cold outside and you have a bad cold? Lay on the couch and watch Bond, trying to take your mind off how crappy you feel.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Before we got married, I told my husband there was only one man I would leave him for.
Sean Connery.
He laughed and said I had his blessing to leave if we married and Sean showed up.
lol.
Years later, I realized if Sean does show up he'll be in a wheelchair.
So the search begins for Sean's replacement...

Aspen500

Reaction score
He has to be in his 90's now I would guess(?) The 1st Bond movie (Dr. No) was 55 years ago.

Aspen500

Reaction score
One movie I've never quite been able to figure out is on a local over the air digital channel tonight (Movies! is the channels name). They're playing "Barbarella". Very strange with really cheesy props and special effects but it's oddly good (JMO). Some mind altering drugs must have been involved.:eek:

Small bummer,,,,,,they have all "the good parts" blurred out, darnit;)

Aspen500

Reaction score
When a car guy watches TV or movies................
Was watching part of "Vegas" (Robert Urich series) and two cops were responding to a call. They started out in a Nova, next scene they're in a Monaco and then the car crashes but it's now an LTD. Seriously? Why do they do that in TV shows and movies? Like in Smoky and the Bandit where Bandit's being chased through the woods by a Dodge, suddenly it's a Pontiac, then it's a Dodge again which transforms back into a Pontiac.
One time when I was glad for the car to mysteriously change makes was in Vanishing Point. When Kowalski speeds into the bulldozers at the end, it's not a Challenger that gets wrecked, it's a Camaro. I guess the producers thought it would be a shame to destroy a Challenger so they used a '68 Camaro instead. Works for me! lol

lowbudget

Reaction score
Speaking of car movies check out Death Proof with Kirk Russell. It's got a Charger and a Challenger in it. Be warned it starts out with a Nova first. It's a Quentin Tarantino movie. I loved it so much I bought the movie and I don't buy movies. I also bought a die cast model of the Charger.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen that one. It's like three movies or something? Reminded me of being at the drive-in way back when. I suppose that was the intent. Odd movie. Good but odd..............

Back