Movie Night

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm thinking Sean's replacement might just have to be Chris...
prattabs.jpg

pratt2.jpg

Yep.. just something about that boy. And he saved the Galaxy...
lol

Gotta go pick the veggies in the garden and the blackberries. Sun is finally going down, but I've got the dvr recording Guardians of the Galaxy I.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
My kids and I enjoyed Guardians (volume I and II) as well as Ant-man.

PS. He might look “a little” like me if he put on some facial hair . . . (or not).
BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
BudW..
In my eyes you could be twins ... you both 'solve' complex problems... yours are just a bit more focused on 'mopar' issues.
lol
So are you changing your handle to 'StarLord'?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Two things on movies. First, it's free preview weekend for HBO and Cinemax and so far, looking at the program guide, I see absolutely no reason to spend the money to subscribe.

Second, I did decide to watch that ChiPS movie. From the TV ads when it was playing in theater's, it seemed like it would be pretty good,,,,,,,,,,it isn't. I made it about 10 minutes and couldn't watch any more. It was HORRIBLE. Probably one of the worst movies ever. Highly doubt if it got better later on. It's 10 mintues of my life wasted that I'll never get back. It was so stupid and poorly acted as to be almost nauseating. If you were thinking of watching it, don't waste your time. A documentary about the mating habits of the mollusk would be better.:eek:

Even the Vacation remake was better and it was not very good. It had it's moments, and I did watch it all the way through one time, and one time was plenty.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I have always liked Two Lane Black Top, Animal House and American Graffiti.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I have always liked Two Lane Black Top, Animal House and American Graffiti.
Classics!

There are LOTS of good to excellent movies out there, just seems HBO and Cinemax don't have access to any of them. Usually the same thing when there's a free preview weekend for Starz or Showtime, not one single thing worth watching and reminds me why I don't subscribe to any of them.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I went to my folks for Thanksgiving last weekend. My brother said he also tried the free HBO/Cinemax. He also said CHiPs movie was horrible.
BudW

slantman

Reaction score
Any South east members headed to Daytona, Turkey run this week???

Justwondering

Reaction score
Sitting in a hotel room tonight, then we go to an echo cardiogram in the morning and about the time we check out of the hotel we head over to the doctor to get the results.
Our own special Turkey Trot through the clinic and doctors' offices.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Do not waste your time watching 'Bright' with Will Smith.

Even with Bailey's, its not a good movie.

I gave up counting how many times they said 'motherf***er' and 'f*ck'

Aspen500

Reaction score
Late to the game but, never even heard of that movie.

Saw part of Kingpin earlier when I was having lunch. That movie,,,,,,,,,,,,lol. Is there nothing more disturbing than Randy Quaid in drag? Then Mr. Munson's landlady. "Think you shook something loose sport", as he's puking his guts out after "working off" his rent. It's different for sure but, not too bad a movie.

kingpin.jpe

Justwondering

Reaction score
If you ever have the opportunity to watch it, check out a 1997 Australian film called:
Welcome to Woop Woop

Its also an odd duck but man I still remember it.

IMDB says:
A con artist escapes a deal gone wrong in New York and winds up in the Aussie outback in a strange town whose inhabitants are an oddball collection of misfits.

Its a hoot

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
'Bright’ is a Netflix only movie.
I agree – a lot of money was spent and all you hear is how many F’s and MF’s could be said.
I've yet to understand how curse words help movies – especially when the better moves rarely use them? Two hours of my life wasted.

I don’t really care much for foreign movies but found one I like. It’s made in Spain and does use subtitles. At least I can recognize some Spanish words. It’s called The Ministry of Time (or at least the English translation of it is) and is a time machine series.
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yesterday I watched a movie on TCM called "Support Your Local Sheriff!" I had seen about half of it a while back but got to watch the whole movie yesterday. if you've never seen it, it is excellent. James Garner plays the Sheriff in the calm, laid back manner that only he could do. It's more of a comedy than a western and it was done very well. Think it was made in 1969(?) Highly recommended if you ever get a chance to see it.

Sort of reminds me of another comedy western I saw once called "Rustler's Rhapsody". It was kind of a spoof or parody of westerns and was a great movie also. Another one well worth watching.

Last edited:
Back