Movie Night

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Two lane black top
American graffiti
Animal house
My youngest son liked Saturday night Fever and would do he disco moves on water skis, very funny to watch

Justwondering

Reaction score
50 first dates. Rob Schneider character makes me laugh

Like the forgetful Lucy song

Then caught last half of brother where art thou
I love watching her say ‘he’s bonafide’. Who talks like that. Then clooneys character gets in a fist fight and thrown out of Woolworth. Oedipus is great remade this way.

Spent half the day seaming shade cloth together for the greenhouse. Another day or so and I should be done.
JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Watched most of "Independence Day" again last night. Doesn't seem possible but that movie is 24 years old already.

Aspen500

Reaction score
A View to a Kill is on right now, semi watching/listening to it.
Power was out from 11am to 6pm so, definitely wasn't movie afternoon:( Stupid wind.....................

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I found another MOPAR hidden jewel movie on Amazon Prime this past week end. The movie is titled "Barefoot". It's a cute little fluff movie you can watch with your significant other over some popcorn. Sure there are actors, and actresses in the movie, but I saw the true Star, a Dodge Travco Motor-home! :)

Aspen500

Reaction score
I remember those motorhome's! The owner of a diner we went to often, when I was a young pup, owned one of those. It was always parked in the rear of the lot, next to his DD, a 1936 Auburn Boat Tail Speedster, seriously. One of those fond memories of my youth, when he took me for a ride in it (the Auburn). Never forget that experience, even though I was still in single digits for age yet.
i973292.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Watching, more or less, Spaceballs this evening. It's on EPIX Drive-In, DISH channel 292. Always love a good Mel Brooks movie.

Trey

Reaction score
I don't watch movies very often but we had a rainy weekend and I have a good sized collection of old car chase movies on DVD. The wife asked if I wanted to watch Dirty Mary Crazy Larry since Peter Fonda passed away last week but decided against it. He was such a vile human being in real life, I can't watch him anymore. We did watch "Vanishing Point" and "The Car". Vanishing Point is still a good movie but The Car.... not so much, although it kinda scared me when I was a kid the first time I saw it.

Here's Kowalski right after he had the flat in the desert:

vanishing-point.gif

And here's The Car right after he chased all the little kids into the cemetery:

the-car.gif

Some trivia - The cars used in the movie "The Car" were done by George Barris and were modified Lincolns. One of the Lincolns used in the movie The Car is still around. Does anyone know if the Challenger(s) used in Vanishing Point are still around?

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I believe some of the Challengers are still alive from Vanishing Point. I always loved how the Challenger suddenly became a Camaro when it hit the bulldozers! Story is, everyone involved in making the movie liked the Challengers so much, they couldn't bring themselves to destroy one so, they used a Camaro instead, lol. Love that movie!

I had never heard of The Car until a couple months ago when it was on Svengoolie one Saturday night (on METV). That was kind of a bizarre and very strange movie. Can't decide if I liked it or not.

I hear you on the Peter Fonda thing.............I could say the same about some other actors as well. Some movies that I used to like, i can't stand to watch anymore after hearing the crap that comes out of their mouths, like some guy named DiNiro for example. Just saying......................

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'd give you two likes for the hollywood wussies comment.

I'm living with a Vet and he's waiting for Hanoi Jane to check out.

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, too bad Duran Duran's Excessive Machine didn't kill her with pleasure like he thought it would.:eek: Or, maybe the Matmos could have captured and digested her instead. Did I say that out loud? :D

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Sad thing is she soiled a good Plymouth Volare` in the movie On Golden Pond. Maybe they burned the interior in the car, and replaced it with a fresh interior after the movie was shot.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Watched "The Spy Who Loved Me" on BBCA last night. Monday night it was "Goldfinger".

Never saw Golden Pond. Far as I know, the only movie I've ever seen that had Hanoi Jane in it was "Barbarella".

Aspen500

Reaction score
Got an old classic on in the other room, "Smoky and the Bandit". It's on Encore Action (I think). Funny how after seeing a movie so many times, you can "see" it just by listening to it. Jackie Gleason,,,,,,,,,the movie would be nowhere near as good as it is without that sumbitch, lol.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I'm not a big movie fan, that is I have plenty but I'm slow to put them in.
My two favorite car movies are Two Lane Blacktop and American Graffiti. My grandson likes American Graffiti for the music, I remember him at five dancing through out the movie.
The 55 Chevy in Two Lane in my opinion is the perfect trifive Chevy and probably the only one I would build for myself.

Back