My Letter To Mopar Action

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
They don't photograph your car, you submit your own photo's.

Yep....
You submit a picture/pictures.

2015-01-19 22.24.51.jpg

2015-01-19 22.23.05.jpg

2015-01-19 22.24.51.jpg

2015-01-19 22.23.05.jpg

Mr C

Reaction score
I've been sifting through and found this thread. A well-penned letter to the magazine, but I am not optimistic for several reasons, but I'll only mention a couple:

1) I penned a similar letter back in the 90's, except it was about C-bodies (which I also love), but their attitude still has not appreciably changed about those cars either. You saw that in the smart-ass ending comment by them regarding M body fans when they grudgingly mentioned your Caravelle.

2) Their sponsors cater to the A,B,E and metric cars mostly, so that's what you're going to get...simple economic reality.

I haven't picked up one of their rags in 10 years. They might as well be JC Whitney catalogue. It's a shame so many worship Ehrenberg like he's some kind of deity, I find him and the rest of their staff very narrow-minded regarding the hobby and it shows in their broken-record publication.

Did I mention, I think they suck?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I find Ehrenberg to be a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to all things Mopar and they do have some very cool tech articles but I get your point.

The only reason I wrote the letter was because I figure....as I mentioned, it's getting old. I'm sure even they know that they're beating a dying horse. How many Runners and Cudas do you need to see?

Cliff Gromer seemed rather receptive to the idea. They must be thinking they need something new at this point and the hobby is indeed changing. Instead of A, B and E bodies being the focus people are now warming up to F and M bodies.

They're affordable and very cool classic Mopars so it's a no brainer for their mag to be on this.

As far as C bodies....outside of a Hurst 300 I don't know how they feel about talking them up.

Myself?.....I absolutely love C's.
The next car I must own is a 75-76 New Yorker or Imperial.
If I had the space and money I'd have a fleet of C body land yachts.

Mr C

Reaction score
Ehrenberg is mechanically knowledgeable but extremely myopic on the hobby-he is strictly A,B, E in attitude- a shame really.

I personally think their days are numbered precisely because they refuse to move beyond the A,B,E mantra...and frankly I won't shed a tear at all.

I've restored several C's and I love them. I came over here from forcbodiesonly.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I read the mag and love it. The tech articles are more informative then the competition. I think it was a great letter Captain. I can't complain as I own A, B, F and M bodies. I would have had a C but it came down to it or the B. I'll send them a picture of the Fifth when I get the paint buffed out and new stripes laid down next days off.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Good letter, Capn'!

I read the mag and love it. The tech articles are more informative then the competition. I think it was a great letter Captain. I can't complain as I own A, B, F and M bodies. I would have had a C but it came down to it or the B. I'll send them a picture of the Fifth when I get the paint buffed out and new stripes laid down next days off.

Thanks guys.
Hey don't get me wrong....I'm not knocking A's, B's and E's....matter of fact I love them. I'd just like to see more acceptance for F's, M's and of course C's.

I do think it's inevitable that they'll gain in popularity....not like the others but they are the affordable classics at this stage.
I hear people complaining that our cars get a bum rap. Realistically though I think it's us owner's that are responsible for changing that which is why I send letters and try to maybe make these editors think "oh yeah....I remember those...they actually were a pretty cool car". Everything starts with an idea. The more letters these guys get....the more awareness. The only way they're going to know there's an interest in these cars is for people to actually appear interested in them.

lowbudget

Reaction score
hey give us the address and or email SO WE CAN ALL SOLICIT Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle. Mopar Collectors guide would be our best bet.

Don't forget about Chrysler Power. I just started subscribing to it a few months back.

Mr C

Reaction score
I really like the idea of the "real cars" getting attention. The daily drivers that are still doing what they were made to do. I have no time for mega buck trailer queen builds.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I really like the idea of the "real cars" getting attention. The daily drivers that are still doing what they were made to do. I have no time for mega buck trailer queen builds.

That's why I suggested a section like "still in service" or something like that. A tribute to the daily drivers that are still doing their duty long after Chrysler thought they ever would.
To me a 30 year old stock Mopar still out there doing it holds more weight than a trailer queen.....THAT'S a real hardcore Mopar IMO.

alf44

Reaction score
if all of us here sent in pics-info of our rides for the still in service idea,i think it would fill the whole mag for a month,

alf44

Reaction score
lets get together here and set up something, something like we send our pics-info to a trusted member and they collect-orginise ( opps ) our info into something that would make good reading and send all of it to one of the mopar mags as a package. that might just work for our cars.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
lets get together here and set up something, something like we send our pics-info to a trusted member and they collect-orginise ( opps ) our info into something that would make good reading and send all of it to one of the mopar mags as a package. that might just work for our cars.

That's a great idea.
Let me work on it and I'll start a thread later.

Back