Pass The Meth:1982 Chrysler Imperial

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
My friend, who is a Nigerian prince says the ad sounds legit.
--- Post updated ---

They did a Canadian style 20/20 show and we pay more for EVERYTHING, even if it's made in Canada to begin with.
Bought some parts .. couldn't beat U.S. pricing .. opened the pkg. .. stamped "Made in Canada" but 2x's the price here???
go figure.
Ps. youtube oldies in the other tab.. might be here all night .. lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
Wow, that sucks for you guys. I'm not sure how it works the other direction for shipping, what (if any) taxes there are.......................Can't recall if I've ever bought anything that had to be shipped from Canada. Made in Canada quite often but from a U.S. based company.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
So enough for anothet M then.
Nope.
Well at least not outside Zimbabwe.
--- Post updated ---
Wow, that sucks for you guys. I'm not sure how it works the other direction for shipping, what (if any) taxes there are.......................Can't recall if I've ever bought anything that had to be shipped from Canada. Made in Canada quite often but from a U.S. based company.
I've never had a problem shipping parts, but I always either put down a low price or ship it as a gift.

Getting stuff from the US is like a lottery.
It might just come through no problem, or if Customs get's hold of it and then want more money.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I tried to buy a washer fluid bottle from Eric a while back. He wanted $30. After all the gouging from it coming across the border it would've been $115. I had to pass.

mirada80

Reaction score
I am lucky in that I can have things shipped to Calais Maine and pick them up there and bring it across the border. It has always been a crap shoot coming in to Canada, sometimes you pay nothing extra and sometime you are screwed over by the shipping company or postal service. I had a windshield for a 55 Chrysler shipped from New Jersey to Calais, $90, to Cross the border and go another hour and 20 minutes would have been an extra $203.00 More than worth the trip there.
The low Canadian dollar has been hurting the used car dealers here too, US dealers are buying up trucks at the dealer auctions at a 30% discount due to the dollar, local dealers can't buy anything with out overpaying.

Mr C

Reaction score
This is NOT a Frank Sinatra edition. Franks were all glacier blue metallic with matching light blue interiors. This car has had the correct fs console installed somewhere along the line, but it's missing the gold "fs" scripts and it's the wrong colours.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
This is NOT a Frank Sinatra edition. Franks were all glacier blue metallic with matching light blue interiors. This car has had the correct fs console installed somewhere along the line, but it's missing the gold "fs" scripts and it's the wrong colours.

Good eye Mr C.

Ah hah! A fake Frank! I wonder if the seller knows?

Or cares?

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
The low Canadian dollar has been hurting the used car dealers here too, US dealers are buying up trucks at the dealer auctions at a 30% discount due to the dollar, local dealers can't buy anything with out overpaying.

How the fark does that work?
I can't buy a new car in the US and anything newer than 15 yrs is a b@tch to get across the border.
Then even 15 yr old cars can be a PITA if say Canada had daytime running lights at that time and the US car didn't.
Have to retro fit, which drives up the price.
--- Post updated ---
Good eye Mr C.

Or cares?
I couldn't even look at the ad.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I was wondering about that but wasn't sure. Always thought they were all blue for "'ol blue eyes".
Guess I never realized how good we really have it here in the U.S. as far as car related stuff goes, Doctor.
DRL's aren't mandatory here even today but most newer vehicles have them anyways.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
You ought to try living at the bottom of the planet, I want to buy a LSD unit for my 8.25" from summit, its $323SUD shipping is about $200USD to New Zealand and the xrate is 0.60 via paypal so I am looking at $872NZD and then the gov will clip the ticket for 15% tax costing me a nice and neat $1000, in the USA you pay $323 and its shipped to your door for free, you guys have got it good! Real good! Extremely super fantastic good in the USA!!! Forget the xrate in this thing a $1000NZD and a $1000USD both mean the same out of our bank accounts.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
You ought to try living at the bottom of the planet, QUOTE]

You might want to wander to Moparts.
There's a member OZ Hemi who sends containers down under on a regular basis.
A Summit LSD will fit no problem and I'll guess for less money than regular shipping
--- Post updated ---
Trying to quote the location thing, and my post/advice got messed up.

You might want to wander to Moparts.
There's a member OZ Hemi who sends containers down under on a regulars basis.
A Summit LSD will fit no problem and I'll guess for less money than regular shipping

glennb49

Reaction score
I don't see any FS badges on the fender. does it have the center counsel? was the car repainted white? Or does he think all Imps are Franks like you see some advertised as Mark Cross Imperial for sale!
--- Post updated ---
Hears mine. 81 Frank with rare one year sun roof option. Why was it only offerd in 81? How many were built with sun roof?

DSCN0454.JPG

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
You ought to try living at the bottom of the planet, I want to buy a LSD unit for my 8.25" from summit, its $323SUD shipping is about $200USD to New Zealand and the xrate is 0.60 via paypal so I am looking at $872NZD and then the gov will clip the ticket for 15% tax costing me a nice and neat $1000, in the USA you pay $323 and its shipped to your door for free, you guys have got it good! Real good! Extremely super fantastic good in the USA!!! Forget the xrate in this thing a $1000NZD and a $1000USD both mean the same out of our bank accounts.

Wow .. I thought paying 40% on the dollar was bad !!

Back