Poor mans Hemi car.

joeblo

Reaction score
88 degrees today, I believe thats 31 degrees to you Canadians.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep. That's hot.
26 degrees here today.
I believe that's 79 for you US folks.

Awsome build up on your car.
Keep those pics coming.

joeblo

Reaction score
ITS ALIVE!!! And it sounds great. Could only run it for a couple of seconds at a time because I haven't ran the fuel line yet. Really looking forward to getting the fuel line in. Still have a lot to do ,but I feel like I'm on the home stretch.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
ITS ALIVE!!! And it sounds great. Could only run it for a couple of seconds at a time because I haven't ran the fuel line yet. Really looking forward to getting the fuel line in. Still have a lot to do ,but I feel like I'm on the home stretch.
Use a five gallon gas can.

joeblo

Reaction score
I still have to mount the electric pump and regulator, and get the lines to connect the carbs, pressure gauge,wiring etc... No place to mount a mechanical pump on this engine. Probablly turn into an all day job,I've been putting it off, but now I'm looking forward to it. Its a good day.

joeblo

Reaction score
Also discovered that the shifter linkage will not line up with out some major modifications, Think I will take the easy way out this time and install a floor shifter.

efriedrich

Reaction score
How about some audio/video of that elephant running. :icon_super:

Last edited:

joeblo

Reaction score
Give me about a week or so and I'll see what I can do.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
Just went thru your whole thread here and was amazed at what you started with and where you are with it today.

joeblo

Reaction score
I guess it has been a while. I did get it running this spring and have been pulling it in and out of the garage using the e-brake because I have not finished the brake lines yet. Once the brake lines are done I hope to take it for a ride. Its been so hot this year I have had little time off work and when I do it is to hot to work on it. Last time I pulled it out of the garage the gasket blew out of the fuel pressure regulator and sprayed gas all over the engine compartment and the garage floor.I was so disgusted I pushed it back in and went fishing. The regulator was made by "Mr. Gasket" and the gasket failed, go figure?. The weather is cooling off and I hope to be back at it soon.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Ya know why the gasket failed?.......Cause the Mr. Gagit logo is a shevie bowtie! :angry7: I refuse to use Mr. Gagit stuff on my cars!:eusa_snooty:

I know what you mean though, sometime it's just better to walk away and fix it later.

joeblo

Reaction score
Replaced the fuel line and ran new brake lines, installed new master cylinder and took it for a short, very short, drive to check the brakes. All went well and it now moves under its own power. Its a good day. The only problem is that it is hard to pull out with out spinning the tires, But is that really a problem?

joeblo

Reaction score
Still a long way to go. Can't write more than this or the web site stops responding.

joeblo

Reaction score
Took it for a short drive on Sunday because I can't wait. Tried to post a video but don't know how.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Took it for a short drive on Sunday because I can't wait. Tried to post a video but don't know how.
When you reply and have your video on youtube you just click the filmstrip Icon and paste the whole url of your video on youtube.

joeblo

Reaction score
FINALLY, some progress! Just about got the exhaust finished, (2 1/2" stainless duals), just need to install a couple of hangers and it is done Also installed the new shocks tonight. Hope to take it out and run it through the gears tomorrow night. Still have plenty more to do, but the end is near!

Back