Positive battery cable replacement.

volare 77

Reaction score
X, not sure why you are so concerned about what he puts on his car. Anyhow, are far as the t/s question. Can you give me some part numbers that show with or without provisions for the fender t/s ind. My 77 book show eng compartment wiring 4055141 and 4055139 for a 318 equipped HN car. The only difference between the two is with or without S92 S94 S95 S96 sales codes which are lean burn and emissions related. The H/light and dash panel wiring listed are 4055151 for 41 50 60 amp alt and 4055156 for 65 amp. 4055390 for 100 amp. Again no reference to the t/s indicator wiring. So I do not see anywhere the factory shows a different part number for the t/s indicator provisions. Sure there different harnesses for different engine size etc but what i was saying is the connection for the indicator should be there as the parts book book does not show different part number based on that item. Also from what I remember all the F bodies I have owned had the connector. What is the part number of the harnesses you have there with no indicator provision?

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im not really concerned about what he puts on his car, just killing time and I happened to be in the shop near stuff, didnt mean to ruffle any feathers.

Off the top of my head at one time I looked them up and it was odd, the parts books listed them as wire harness or whatever term they use but didnt list the specific application and thats when I started to pay attention to them.

Mine all came out of F-s, running cars that I replaced them or parts cars.

I will take pics of the numbers.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
I don`t have my harness in front of me as I have it packed up right now but is it possible there is a small additional harness that attaches to the main larger harness and that is where the difference is???

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats a good point I will try to look as well. I never thought of that since the pig tailed ones were also wrapped with the rest. Of the harness. Not to confuse things more but it makes one wonder if the vendor might of had a PN with a - or some sort of add on.

One thing ive noticed is mine are mostly if not all 76 and although we know they had the fender deal in 76 isnt it the only F that has the IGN. box placed near the fender tag?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
After about an hour of digging and coffee fueled research, early 76 had a sep harness and pn for the 225 w and w/out turn and the same deal for the 318/.360 V8 with and w/o turn indicator. The kicker is that same harness listed for the 225 also fit others with the 400 and 440.

So it would seem to me the harnesses without the pig tail is not common at all. You can compare the pics I posted to this one for an F on ebay currently and it shows the pig tail for the fender sig.

So I think it might of been a real early general harness??????

I dont know how I got some many used one and even how I found the NOS one as I did but I needed it because its what one rig has in it in doing now. I paid $169 for it and its funny as the other one with the pig was listed the same $169, same seller. I got it the first night listed, went back to get the other in the am and it was at $529 where its been since Dec 2016. Maybe he figured the first one sold too quickly.

s-l500pppp.jpg

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I just happen to run across a nos pigtail for the map/glove light and it seems its also the cig lighter power and light. Sad to look at the skimpy ground wire for the whole deal (yellow). Now is there a diff pig tail for just the cig? Did the cig come without a light.

I wonder but no time to look right now.

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The early f-s used alot of A body and other parts, and even 76 and back general parts.

If you have a 76 you know the column wiring and some other things are 76 specific, but just look at 76 and back.

Even the turn sig setup is unique for 76 but it carries back a long way.
In 76 the 804 sig. fit every 76.

This is hurting my head.

Even this for example.
NOS Mopar # 3488804 turn signal switch 1973 74 75 1976 A, B, E body vehicles | eBay

DSC00041.JPG

DSC00043.JPG

DSC00042.JPG

DSC00044.JPG

volare 77

Reaction score
Did you come up with a part number for the pigtail? Was it sold as a separate harness or part of the main harness? Not sure I am following what you were saying. It don`t take much for me to get confused LOL It would be great info for the next guy wanting to add fender indicators.

Poly

Reaction score
Molex connectors ? GD, could they get any cheaper ?

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
The pigtail was not sold as a separate harness it was part of the main. If your car is later than a 76 then it should have the pigtails already there.

volare 77

Reaction score
thanks, that clears things up. so 76 had two different harnesses for with or without t/s indicator?

88_AHB

Reaction score
Anyone find a direct replacement for F/M bodies yet? In need of one and didn't want to bastardized one of the ebay ones found on here or splice multiple wires into a generic one from the parts store.

MBDale

Reaction score
I’m using a 70 B-Body 318 positive battery cable. Little splicing. I thought Standard Ignition had a turn signal switch. I’ll post if I can find mine..

Last edited:
Back