Random Pics

Aspen500

Reaction score
You mean the panhard rod isn't supposed to be vertical and digging into the pavement? lol

Yeah, that fence...........How is that even possible?:eek: It's not. I'd guess there's a concrete wall on the other side, that can't be seen in the photo but it sure makes for a good pic1

Camtron

Reaction score

20FF4A04-263C-4EF5-A65B-E4F482A23CDD.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Once you step on a Snap-On truck, it's your wallet that gets raped. Great tools but, their prices these days are re-friggin-diculous.

Camtron

Reaction score
I always joke with people that, I bought a $7k Snap-On hat because, it came with a free toolbox.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Always were expensive but now they're way beyond that. I don't buy much anymore from Snappy or Matco. Hate to say it but, I've been getting some tools from Advance next door to the shop. Fraction of the price and I've yet to break any of them, they work just as well and they look perfect. Snap-On socket: $40 Next door: $6 'Nuff said.......The only part I hate about buying them is they're made in China and yes, I do feel guilty about it.

That BWM airbag, you can't fix stupid I guess. The way BMW owners drive (usually like complete idiots), you'd think they'd want the airbag to save them, not kill them.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
On the BMW air bag. There is an off-chance your face might look "decorated" or "shiny" if you had an open casket viewing . . . maybe.

Camtron

Reaction score
Haven’t bought anything from Snap-on or Matco for a while either. Probably about a year. The last two shops I’ve worked in were so small and hidden, they hadn’t had a rep in years. Currently where I work, almost every repair/adjustment is done with either a 9/16, 1/2 or 11/16 wrench and Allen keys. Didn’t even bother bring my box to this job; just working out of a small tool bag most days.

Camtron

Reaction score
This post reminds me of the JDM scene particularly.
I was watching a interesting little video about Japanese automakers coming to an agreement to limit their horsepower before the Japanese government brought any regulations against them (do to increased accidents in the 80’s as tuners really took off) but, they still use “quality” internal engine parts so, owners can easily bolt on various accessories for power without having to crack open the engine; to a point.

B2A2E5CE-EA93-4593-A7B0-451AD941116D.jpeg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
What, exactly, am I looking at?
The insides of a golf ball meets a head porter?
Christine?

Camtron

Reaction score
What, exactly, am I looking at?
The insides of a golf ball meets a head porter?
Christine?
Mazda MX-5, “ extreme full race head “ with full port work and dimple finish.
On a side note, I also know of a guitar builder that dimples the back of their neck. Swear the guitars play faster due to the reduced surface area.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased my Chrysler Town n Country with a Hail damage Branded Title, a few years back (for a great price). That van works wonderfully but the sheet metal must have 1,000+ hail dents in it. It looks like a white golf ball, but with sliding doors. I've kinda wondered if the golf ball finish might actually help with fuel mileage, maybe (I don't know and don't care to find out).
That said, maybe the dimples will work for top air movement inside of a port, as well (sounds logical) - but not sure how much that will actually help a Miata though.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I purchased my Chrysler Town n Country with a Hail damage Branded Title, a few years back (for a great price). That van works wonderfully but the sheet metal must have 1,000+ hail dents in it. It looks like a white golf ball, but with sliding doors. I've kinda wondered if the golf ball finish might actually help with fuel mileage, maybe (I don't know and don't care to find out).
That said, maybe the dimples will work for top air movement inside of a port, as well (sounds logical) - but not sure how much that will actually help a Miata though.
Funny you should say that. A few years ago the Mythbuster's tested that exact thing, that the dimpled surface make a golf ball more aerodynamic so, they also tested it on car and the myth was confirmed. Less drag, better fuel economy. You didn't care to find out but, I told you anyways:D

First thing that popped in my head about the guitar maker that dimples the back of their neck is, how exactly do they dimple the back of their neck and does it hurt?:p

Back