Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
Took the little boy to the backside of, O’Hare to watch the trains and planes come in…he also approves of the cars new rear end.

50D487EE-5F37-4100-A6FB-419ABA31A792.png

Last edited:

dm330

Reaction score
I wondered how the stock TC would act with the new gear ratio when I get to that upgrade, sounds like it does well in yours. The only lockups I find are remanufactured and yeah, no numbers, just sold as low and high stall.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Wonder if people know, when they list a car for sale without an asking price, the majority of people looking to buy won't ever contact the seller. Usually no price listed means they want too much and are afraid to ask a price.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Wonder if people know, when they list a car for sale without an asking price, the majority of people looking to buy won't ever contact the seller. Usually no price listed means they want too much and are afraid to ask a price.

For commuter cars it's a bad idea, but this? Specialized collector cars can get away with it. People are interested in it for what it is and the collectability. I don't like the practice, but I don't think it's going to hurt the seller.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
R bodies are a niche market though. They're rare but something like this is like an inexpensive museum piece. It's cool, I want it, its not gonna be outrageously priced for a police car (im guessing anywhere between 5k and 20k if its a true police car and its actual condition), but it would be a trailer queen because I'd be afraid of ruining it.

Camtron

Reaction score
There’s a pretty diehard police/emergency vehicle collector group out there. It’s actually interesting how many of them end up overseas. If it’s a legit police vehicle, it could get a pretty decent price if all the correct ‘bells and whistles’ are on the car.

Aspen500

Reaction score
R bodies weren't always rare. "Back in the day" they were all over the place but like what happens to most any other car, the majority rotted away long long ago and one by one, they vanished.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I've seen only two other M bodies in the wild in the last year. Both were while I was out of town. I haven't seen an F body in the wild in years. I haven't seen an R body since before the stupid "cash for clunkers" program.

Recycle Reduce Reuse for the environment, Comrades! But not when it applies to old cars and the epoxy we're pouring into the engine blocks! Don't point out the hypocrisy! You go to gulag!

GregG48213

Reaction score
Having owned a 1980 Gran Fury, I can speak from experience: it was the worst car I ever had. Replaced the engine, surging torque converter, leaky gas tank, rotten brake booster, etc. It was donated to a charity at thirteen years old. Yes, it was my first car; would I own another? No.
Gran Fury.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Having owned a 1980 Gran Fury, I can speak from experience: it was the worst car I ever had. Replaced the engine, surging torque converter, leaky gas tank, rotten brake booster, etc. It was donated to a charity at thirteen years old. Yes, it was my first car; would I own another? No.
Yeah, understandable, I wouldn't buy a Town Car again (or any Ford really) because of constant headaches with manufacturing problems. But, if there was an 80 Gran Fury on the road today, there's a decent chance it's been sorted out

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
We've always had Fords and I started buying the RWD ones after Chrysler abandoned it. Never had problems with any of them.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
We've always had Fords and I started buying the RWD ones after Chrysler abandoned it. Never had problems with any of them.
I think I got the short end of the stick then. Both Town Cars I had were nightmares even though they were different generations. Escape? Junk. Two different Taurus wagons, both different generations, junk. There's a Ranger in the fleet that I'm keeping an eye on because it's a Ford and I don't trust it. It's not the major mechanical things that go wrong. It's always the electrical. Some dumb module, some dumb sensor, and then the engineering got dumber. Like changing the alternator on a 4WD Escape. Just... dumb

dm330

Reaction score
So much rain in the forecast, but I was able to swap out all 3 sections of the tail light assembly before she's hauled off to the tech's garage for completion. I personally like the look of the ones that were on the car and the ones I replaced them with. The replacements are 5 years older than my car, but in so much better condition. What do you all think?

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
So much rain in the forecast, but I was able to swap out all 3 sections of the tail light assembly before she's hauled off to the tech's garage for completion. I personally like the look of the ones that were on the car and the ones I replaced them with. The replacements are 5 years older than my car, but in so much better condition. What do you all think?
Looks good. I've been experimenting with chrome paint to redo the plastic in and on my diplomat. I found a paint that is perfect, reflects and shines like the original, except it doesn't last. I need to find a clear coat that will stick to it and make it last.

Camtron

Reaction score

View attachment 49752

View attachment 49753
Looks sweet.
This reminds me, I’ve had a sequential LED tailing/turn signal kit I need to install; if I can find it in the basement storage.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I had good luck with the Eastwood Liquid Chrome kit. You need an air brush, lots if patience and follow the instructions exactly but in the end, it looks darn good. With cure times, it's a couple week process.

dm330

Reaction score
I'll say for anyone who's never removed the tail lights, unless someone knows an easier way, if you have to remove one piece, you might as well remove them all at once with care. I initially thought the center piece was broken, but it was actually the left lens where the center piece screws into the side of the lens. Too bad it wasn't screwed in at the bottom and in the trunk like the lenses, but anyway, in addition to all the nuts inside the trunk having to be removed, there are 6 screws, 3 on either side underneath the tail light lenses that need to be removed in order to take the assembly out.

Back