Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
Wisconsin has no inspections snd I've seen far worse (and far newer) on the road around here.
I’m trying to figure out how my neighbor gets his, Pontiac G6 to pass inspection; things literally rotting in half. I swear, you can see it move like a, slinky when he pulls away from the curb.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out how my neighbor gets his, Pontiac G6 to pass inspection; things literally rotting in half. I swear, you can see it move like a, slinky when he pulls away from the curb.
Same way it happens here. He probably knows a guy who is dumb enough to risk the fines and the liability

Duke5A

Reaction score
Here's a progress pic of the fuel injection system being installed on mine. 2 years to get to this point lol. I'd rather have it done right though. Progress has stalled though and the car's been outside since the place went under new ownership. I'll be stopping by later today to get an update on it, find out what they need ($$$) to get it back in. Front suspension looks to be nearly finished, but I couldn't get any good pics of it. I will say the Firm Feel tubular uppers look very nice on it.
View attachment 49585

Yeesh, could have had that Sniper system plumbed and wired inside of a weekend in my driveway.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I have the a999 variant, I’m sure it will hold up fine. I went with a 3.21 gear set and sure grip when I had my rear end built a few years ago.
If you think the tubular control arms look nice, just wait till you take some corners at speed. The difference in handling is night and day. Gets rid of so much flex. I still need to weld in the lower control arm stiffening plates on my car and burn in the sub frame connectors I have in the garage.

Don't turn up the wick too far with that 5.9L mag motor. I ate three of those a999 transmissions with a 400 horse 360. You'll be around 300 with the setup you have.

Camtron

Reaction score
Don't turn up the wick too far with that 5.9L mag motor. I ate three of those a999 transmissions with a 400 horse 360. You'll be around 300 with the setup you have.
I had to talk myself out of a, steam roller cam kit from, Hughes Engine and leaving the engine stock aside the intake and headers. Saved a few hundred and ordered a trans rebuild kit instead. Figure between the fresh 5.9Mag and 8.25”, I’d be sure to blow the trans sooner than later.

dm330

Reaction score
Yeesh, could have had that Sniper system plumbed and wired inside of a weekend in my driveway.
With my work schedule and lack of experience with a project that deep I imagine I'd be in the same position had I taken it on myself. They got one guy there qualified for the work, so patience has had to be a virtue lol. If I lived close enough, I would've been more than happy to hire you to do the work. I admire your knowledge and expertise on these cars.

Duke5A

Reaction score
With my work schedule and lack of experience with a project that deep I imagine I'd be in the same position had I taken it on myself. They got one guy there qualified for the work, so patience has had to be a virtue lol. If I lived close enough, I would've been more than happy to hire you to do the work. I admire your knowledge and expertise on these cars.
I'd work for beer. Lol

Camtron

Reaction score
Let’s get these out of here

image.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
Clipping in the axle shafts felt too good. I’ve put this off for too long. I’m done for the night. Tomorrow brings the real fun, running a complete rear brake line.

B7D49E9B-EFC3-4A50-9E93-4D9C4643950F.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
Don’t have pictures but, cars back on four wheels and made a successful shakedown through the city.
Stopped and ate to let the gears cool down and then, did it all over. Will put a couple freeway passes on them tomorrow going to and from work and then, should be all set to hammer the gas pedal and see how they really feel.
Car definitely gets to speed faster and with less throttle, very handy since 75% of my driving is through city streets. Think I’ll actually end up with better MPG around town with the 3.21 gears. They feel like a sweet spot for the trans gear ratios and 318LA factory cam.

Camtron

Reaction score
For sure getting better gas mileage with the 3.21 gears. Normally by Friday, I have a 8th of a tank.
Now I just need to get the speedo gear ordered and take a weekend to pull and roll back the odometer.

image.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
Rear end is little boy approved.
Still have the stock torque converter in it?
for now. I have high stall converter that I’ll likely swap in when I put the 5.9Mag in the car. I haven’t gotten on the converter yet with the new gears.
Another issue is, the HS converter I have (because there’s little to no Lock up option around) is just sold as a a904/999 lock up “High Stall” converter….so, the stall speed is a mystery. So that will be fun to find out, could be completely unusable or make the car 5x more fun.

TC link: Chrysler Dodge Torque Converter 12-H

Last edited:
Back