Random Pics

Aspen500

Reaction score
Roughly figuring, I get about 8 city and 12 highway,,,,,,,,,,,,provided I don't do too much "spirited acceleration". That's a guess. When I fill up it usually comes out to about 9 or 10 mpg average. Always wonder how that much fuel can go through a 5/16" fuel line that quick:p
Stomp on it and I swear I can watch the gas gauge drop.:eek:

Thinking back,,,,,WAAAAAAAAAAAY back to when it still had the whopping 90hp E24 S6 and 4 speed O/D it came out to about 12-14 city and 18-20 highway. Best I remember ever getting was on a 150 mile trip on the freeway (speed limit was still 55 at that point) and got 22 mpg. As they say, "EPA estimates are for comparison purposes only, you mileage may vary".o_O

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
pic-02-4.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Kind of a neat looking photo of part of downtown, about 1/2 hour after sunset. From one of the Channel 7 cameras on top of a building down there.
downtown 09 05 2016.jpg

compubert

Reaction score
pic-09-1-500x666.jpg
Audi TT after 135000K without an oil change. Thought Aspen 500 would like this one as a former Audi tech.
Bought a Hornet that was worse, took off the valve cover cause I couldn't get oil to go in - found another valve cover under it - coked oil enshrouding the rocker train. took three days and a chisel to get that stuff out but ran for years afterwards...

Aspen500

Reaction score
The engine in an Audi TT will look darn near that bad even if the oil is changed and conventional oil was used (which is why they require synthetic). They've got a crap PCV system that is perfect for creating sludge, especially the 2.0L Turbo (the pic is a VR6 head). Turbo boost creates more crankcase pressure, which means more blow by, which means more oil contamination combined with a breather system that can't keep up is a bad thing.
"Back in the day" we used to see engines like that all the time. Poor oil, lack of maintenance and short trips didn't help. "What do you mean I need to change the oil?"

Back