Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
Spooktacular

DC61E38E-0F70-41DF-90C9-11539C8694FB.jpeg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The 100k mile, it never used a drop of oil motor.

View attachment 37622
In 86 I bought a 77 Dodge pickup with a 360 that was leaking oil at the back of the manifold, I pulled the manifold off and saw the same thing. Truck was low miles and just driven in town, it also had stuck rings and would oil the hood above the dipstick.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
An early F-body (’77, is my guess).
DSC00494.JPG

Seams that the /6 likes, err dislikes, the #6 connecting rod – for most rods seam to be liberated in that location – that I’ve seen.

I'll bet it still runs, despite the crankshaft inspection hole.:D
I would almost agree with you on that – but if you look closer, you will notice the missing starter (removed and is located on the bottom of the picture). What I see in many cases is the connecting rod will contact the starter. Sometimes the starter is damaged beyond reuse, sometimes not. The problem I see is the starter flange on the transmission is broken away/off, ruining the transmission case – which appears to be what might have happened to this car.
I can see more of the torque converter than one normally sees – but hopefully it is just an illusion.
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats an interesting photo for sure, blowing up the pic to me it looks like the starter is just removed and there is no rod on that journal so it would pump oil till it got worse and froze.

In high school I was the R@R guy, I think I charged like 100 or 150 to swap out a motor and did many 318-s and a few slants. One bonus that was fun for me was if they fired off they got finished off proper, nothing like 3-4 rods knocking or one broke off and hitting low at 50 to mix it up a bit more, most got pulled back to my place behind a tractor.

Bud, Im not sure what year that is, im sure we could tell by some simple features that are year specific but it was on a HD ive not been in in 10-12 years.

I can see the CL ad, needs battery and tune up after the seller puts starter back on (somehow).

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Ya, I hate dealing with CL myself!
I've got a camper to sell but that means that I have to deal with idiot's that texts when you say not to, call at midnight and try to cut your deal in half before even seeing it. Oh there's the guy that asks 23 questions that don't have a thing to do with anything I can't forget him, he the f'er that texts.

Camtron

Reaction score
Ya, I hate dealing with CL myself!
I've got a camper to sell but that means that I have to deal with idiot's that texts when you say not to, call at midnight and try to cut your deal in half before even seeing it. Oh there's the guy that asks 23 questions that don't have a thing to do with anything I can't forget him, he the f'er that texts.
...you should just crush it; teach them a lesson.

Camtron

Reaction score
WTF is with that idiot?
Parents are probably cousins lmfao

The story going around is that the guy purchased the car for $4k and tried to immediately flip the car for $10k and no one bit; so he crushed it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It isn't so much the snow that bothers me, it's the salt and/or brine spray that comes along with it (and the cold too).
I can go a an inch or two deeper, so there.:D
DSCF0001.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Lovin the spot on alignment he he. I dont know how you keep it so clean on the underside.

Last edited:
Back