Random Videos

Aspen500

Reaction score
The video stream link says "404 error" or some such thing.
Dang, I don't even really remember those Newports from back then. Maybe they weren't real popular? Or,,,,,,I'm getting old and forgot, lol.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The video stream link says "404 error" or some such thing.
Dang, I don't even really remember those Newports from back then. Maybe they weren't real popular? Or,,,,,,I'm getting old and forgot, lol.

Link doesn't work??
I just tried again....seems fine.....?
The R body Newports.
Always had a thing for R bodies.
Like the St Regis......

https://youtu.be/4lug0eyn-JU

Aspen500

Reaction score
Have to be honest, and being a Mopar guy it's embarrassing,,,,,didn't now there was a platform called "R". I assumed they were "B" like a Magnum or Cordoba (had a '79 Cordoba for years, loved that car).

A really crappy photo of a random photo of the car. Wrong thread I know, this is random videos,,,,,so sue me!

DSCF0004.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Oops, meant '78 not '79. I still miss that car to this day. Owned it from 1986-1995, darn nice car. Only had 76,000 miles when I bought it, interior was MINT (no exaggeration) and it was still mint in '95 100K miles later. Wonder if it still exists? Probably not.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Have to be honest, and being a Mopar guy it's embarrassing,,,,,didn't now there was a platform called "R". I assumed they were "B" like a Magnum or Cordoba (had a '79 Cordoba for years, loved that car).

A really crappy photo of a random photo of the car. Wrong thread I know, this is random videos,,,,,so sue me!

"R" bodies are really just a slightly modified "B". Almost all of the parts for the suspension interchange, and they use the longitudinal torsion bars.

I'd love to get my hands on a 1977 or eaelier Cordoba with a big block, or a Magnum from 1977-1979 (which would end up getting a big block). Never did really like the Cordoba with the stacked square headlights (although you would not have a hard time convincing me to take a 1979 Chrysler 300).

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
"R" bodies are really just a slightly modified "B". Almost all of the parts for the suspension interchange, and they use the longitudinal torsion bars.

I'd love to get my hands on a 1977 or eaelier Cordoba with a big block, or a Magnum from 1977-1979 (which would end up getting a big block). Never did really like the Cordoba with the stacked square headlights (although you would not have a hard time convincing me to take a 1979 Chrysler 300).

Agreed!
The 79 300 is on my dream list.

Back